Thread: Orange Co Speaker is gone

Orange Co Speaker is gone

Sorry if this has been discussed already:

http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Orange County Speaker is no longer repairing or selling any speakers or speaker parts. Over the past several years the speaker repair business has slowly been on the decline, and we've decided to shut it down so we can concentrate entirely on GLS Audio.

Yep, I called them a month ago to recone my baskets to 2122 but they said they weren't doing them anymore. I asked them if I could buy a pair of cones because I knew they had some JBL.s but they said somebody was buying their NOS stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed already:

http://www.speakerrepair.com/
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...County-Speaker

Oranges to hemp

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    Yep, I called them a month ago to recone my baskets to 2122 but they said they weren't doing them anymore. I asked them if I could buy a pair of cones because I knew they had some JBL.s but they said somebody was buying their NOS stuff.
    Gentlemen,
    hello,
    My name is Jason Tice, and I am somewhat a "green horn" here at LH....

... I am the proprietor of P.M.R. and Hempopotamus LOUDspeakers here in Ohio, and I have many hard to find, sometimes impossible to find loudspeaker components ...
    I heard the fellas' at OC have closed their doors, which is a shame, as they were a great bunch of guys and provided services to many people..
    .... Possibly, I can help with many of your parts & repair requirements, as I have THOUSANDS of OEM components which are tough to get your hands on...If I don't have it in stock, odds are I can obtain it quickly.....AND- I also offer HEMP fiber cone upgrades and modifications to almost any loudspeaker out there...
    if you have ANY questions or concerns, feel free to inquire...

Sincerely,-
    Jason Tice

END

OC Speaker Lives on

The speaker repair person at OC Speakers for 15 years has gone on to start his own business, Speaker Repair Pros www.speakerrepairpros.com He is located in Garden Grove, Ca.

I have sent work to them and they are very responsive and continue the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewood View Post
    The speaker repair person at OC Speakers for 15 years has gone on to start his own business, Speaker Repair Pros www.speakerrepairpros.com He is located in Garden Grove, Ca.

I have sent work to them and they are very responsive and continue the good work.
    I've been using the same speaker repair company in Dallas for almost forty years, a place called Freeman Tuell Speaker Repair. They're a family-owned and operated outfit and do very fine work, IMO. They've done hundreds, maybe over a thousand, speaker repairs for me over the years and I've never had a bad result. (I've owned hundreds of pairs of speakers since I started feeding my audio addiction with Heathkits and Lafayettes, JBLs and Altecs in the sixties.) The owner, David Hemming, still works at the same bench where I first encountered him in '79. No affiliation other than as a satisfied customer of theirs.

Thread Information