Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: which are your faverite JBL top 5 speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Champster View Post
    My personal preference is to stick with the work product of the speaker and that is the sound output. Therefore, my choices would be the Revel Salon2 and the JBL M2. If I were to consider cosmetics, then the Synthesis speakers (Everest) would be be my choice. If I were to have a vintage yearning, the L100 is easily the choice.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a speaker.
    I have spent some time listening to the Salon2, M2, and E2, all in the same room but at different times.

My favorite of the three was the E2, though I thought the bass was a bit better in the M2.

Widget

I bought an awful lot over the years. I spent circa 500k dollars on various pieces of kit.

Once I got my hands on some K2 S9800's (the final Timbers masterpiece), I stopped looking.

I've powered them with Devialet monoblocks and I stopped considering audio to be a hobby.

Simply listening to music replaced it and still, some 9 years on, the 9800's continue to amaze me.

I will not have listened to something in years. I will hit play and be simply blown away, regardless of genre.

That happens whether I'm listening at 95db or at 60db. The level is totally irrelevant when it comes to the joy the 9800's bring to one's music collection and passion.

Greg left a present that should be appreciated for decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    My favorite of the three was the E2, though I thought the bass was a bit better in the M2.

Widget
    Maybe a sub is needed ???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Maybe! Is that real as was actually in production or a photoshop??
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Wolf,

What a monster! Never heard of Diatone driver. Probably all custom made for a special application. Maybe for earthquake simulations since Japan at risk.

Looks old though based on black & white pic and the wheels. Must have been Mitsubishi Heavy Industries division that made this. Imagine having to replace the surround on that thing, could take a long time. Any specs on the beast like how low can it go?

Don't know if someone would have been brave enough to keep that huge sub, specially in Japan where space is at a premium. Might have finished its days in a museum, i doubt, more likely in a scrap yard or landfill which is sad...

Yup, it is real. Found it accidentally searching for some response and impedance curves for older Fane Acoustics Crescendo Series woofers (have the specs and TS but missing the curves which i finally found). In the search results there was a link to subaudio.org (from France it seems). Clicked on that and went around then saw Diatone speakers, worth scrolling down (more than half way) to look at the various monster sub versions! Not difficult to understand the specs below each subwoof www.subaudio.org/diatone.html

The one Wolf showed here is a PW-1600 driver, Fs 8 hz!, power 3,000 Watts, driver diameter 160 cm (63")! Pure madness in a country where every centimeter of space is counted.

Enough cone area to make a 2245 or 2269 look like a children's toy. Could be DA woofer to play the 8 hz test tone on my test CD... Dementia at its best, lol

Another sad Harman moment... Kevin was shown the door much as Greg Timbers was a few years back.
    Hello, is this a confirmed information ? I have not read about it elsewhere...

What the hell is going on down there? Is someone attempting to ruin the company?
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomax View Post
    Hello, is this a confirmed information ? I have not read about it elsewhere...
    Another former JBL employee who I know told me this a couple of months ago. I’m pretty sure it is true.

Widget

Another former JBL employee who I know told me this a couple of months ago. I’m pretty sure it is true.

Widget
    OK thanks for the info. I guess we'll have confirmation in the near future from one way or the other...

XPL-200
    Bi-Amped with a DX-1

Thread Information