Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: which are your faverite JBL top 5 speakers?

Interesting. Anyone else heard these two?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I’ve spent a fair amount of time comparing the DD66000 and the Salon 2 in the same room. The Salons definitely sound smoother and more neutral as well as having a deeper bottom end. That said they require a lot of power and just didn’t excite me. The DD67000 are a bit smoother with a better bottom end, but I imagine the comparison would be similar.
    Widget
    The Salons definitely sound smoother ....
    The DD67000 are a bit smoother....

so help me plse., they are both smoother than each other ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    The Salons definitely sound smoother ....
    The DD67000 are a bit smoother....

so help me plse., they are both smoother than each other ?
    Widget meant that the 67000 is smoother than the 66000

Quote Originally Posted by iansr View Post
    Over on the AVS forum they organised a blind shoot out (with input from Floyd Toole) between the Salon 2 and the M2. The Salons were consistently preferred by the majority of testers. I've never heard the Salons, so I'm very curious as to how they compare to the DD6700s. Would love to hear comments from those who have heard / compared both.
    Very interesting activity,but Salon and M2 are totally different system.
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I’ve spent a fair amount of time comparing the DD66000 and the Salon 2 in the same room. The Salons definitely sound smoother and more neutral as well as having a deeper bottom end. That said they require a lot of power and just didn’t excite me. The DD67000 are a bit smoother with a better bottom end, but I imagine the comparison would be similar.

Widget
    Salon2 is more smoother and neutral and have a deeper bottom ,but why didn’t excite you?
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Very interesting activity,but Salon and M2 are totally different system.
    They represent two different routes to the same destination, that being the target behaviours of a good sounding loudspeaker as determined by the research of Toole and Olive. As such they are comparable sonically.

Quote Originally Posted by iansr View Post
    Widget meant that the 67000 is smoother than the 66000
    Yes, the DD67000 are a bit smoother than the DD66000, but probably not quite at the level of the Revels. But as we all know, the perception of a speaker's performance is comprised of many factors.

The Revel Salon2 is an incredibly well executed speaker and an extreme value, but it is not the speaker I would choose. If I had to live with them I could make that sacrifice.

Widget

I auditioned the Salon 2's and loved them. They are on my long term radar...kinda of a "next gen" 250Ti if you will, designed by that Snell guy...

:-)

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...models.761905/

jblnut

My opinion only: Salon's sound like a very good speaker; M2s sound like music, with no speaker intervening. YMMV. At this level you need to audition any candidates for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    My opinion only: Salon's sound like a very good speaker; M2s sound like music, with no speaker intervening. YMMV. At this level you need to audition any candidates for yourself.
    In the context of your prior post any loudspeaker reproduction is only an illusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    In the context of your prior post any loudspeaker reproduction is only an illusion?
    You mean it isn't? There's a real orchestra inside those monkey coffins?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Absolutely. But for me, the M2 creates a more believable illusion than any other JBL I've ever heard (even more so compared with the Revels). But each of us is satisfied by a different illusion. That's why there's no such thing as one speaker that's perfect for everyone. It's also why anyone interested in spending this much money on speakers is crazy if they don't audition them in person for themselves. If you don't, you're just chasing ghosts.

Not wanting to go too off topic but.........

It’s not a bad way of looking at it but l do know of those that will beg to differ on whether the live concert sounded any good or not? Some old coots think their Hifi sounds better.

Was it the silly old fart blowing his nose down in the front row, downright crapp acoustics or he forgot to get his ears waxed?

Whatever!

If you are familiar with Maslows hierarchy of needs l prefer to subscribe to that for audio reproduction where the more you move up the scale of superior audio the more you need the ultimate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masl...archy_of_needs

Jbl 112

My favorite JBLS are the 112

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    I auditioned the Salon 2's and loved them. They are on my long term radar...kinda of a "next gen" 250Ti if you will, designed by that Snell guy...

:-)

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...models.761905/

jblnut
    Besides the Revel Salon 2's ,there are many US made hi-end speakers such as Avalon/Wilson/Rockport/Eggleston/Magico/Daniel Hertz/YG,but JBL is JBL,JBL has horns and 15''
    46 lover

Thread Information