Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102

Thread: which are your faverite JBL top 5 speakers?

  1. #1
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,484

    which are your faverite JBL top 5 speakers?

    Let's share which are your faverite JBL top 5 speakers? and reasons,photos are prefered

    Me first:
    1.k2s9800se balanced beautiful high end
    2.dd67000 hard to drive
    3.4367 acurate
    4.4355 classic sound
    5.4344mkii
    46 lover

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21
    DD67000 best sounding speaker JBL ever made
    4367 great sound for the money, an exceptional design and value
    4430 ground breaking for the 1980's with butt cheek shaped bi-radial horn
    4350 cool look, high output, the 1970's studio monitor of choice
    L100 white woofer, waffle foam grille, fun to listen to.

  3. #3
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,928
    Quote Originally Posted by jpw retired View Post
    DD67000 best sounding speaker JBL ever made
    4367 great sound for the money, an exceptional design and value
    4430 ground breaking for the 1980's with butt cheek shaped bi-radial horn
    4350 cool look, high output, the 1970's studio monitor of choice
    L100 white woofer, waffle foam grille, fun to listen to.
    Pretty much ditto on all above. However Id replace 4367 with 4365. Same comment.

    Really I only diverge at the 4430. I agree on the comments, but that speaker never did it for me. Id replace it with the 4345. Amazing bass and excellent articulation.


    Widget

  4. #4
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by jpw retired View Post
    DD67000 best sounding speaker JBL ever made
    4367 great sound for the money, an exceptional design and value
    4430 ground breaking for the 1980's with butt cheek shaped bi-radial horn
    4350 cool look, high output, the 1970's studio monitor of choice
    L100 white woofer, waffle foam grille, fun to listen to.
    Thanks for your input and sharing
    46 lover

  5. #5
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Pretty much ditto on all above. However Id replace 4367 with 4365. Same comment.

    Really I only diverge at the 4430. I agree on the comments, but that speaker never did it for me. Id replace it with the 4345. Amazing bass and excellent articulation.


    Widget
    Thanks for your comments and opinin
    46 lover

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,100
    In no particular order :

    1. K2 9900 Synthesis. Industrial design refinement and sound.
    2. L200B. Classic JBL Industrial design and sound
    3. L300 Summit. Classic JBL industrial design and sound
    4. L250. One of JBLs best sounding (vintage) consumer loudspeakers
    5. 4345 Professional Series. One of the most listenable JBL Pro monitors of the classic vintage 43xx series
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Coast of Maine
    Posts
    537
    I will play along albeit I certainly have not heard most of the models listed so far (as much as I would love too). I understand there are much better than the ones I list but these are the ones I have:


    1400 Array
    4365
    S/3100
    S/2600
    940T

    It may be the electronics behind them but I do prefer the 1400 Array over the 4365.
    Careful man, there's a beverage here!

  8. #8
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,928
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    It may be the electronics behind them but I do prefer the 1400 Array over the 4365.
    Barry may want to jump in here, but I'd suggest the 1400 Array images better and is more pleasing sounding. The 4365 is more rock and roll and dynamic.

    All of the speakers in this thread are very good to great.

    I love the look of the L200B, not sure I'd put them sonically on the same page as everything else here... but then unlike most folks here, I really do not like the looks of the 250Ti. So you can't please everyone.


    Widget

  9. #9
    Senior Member bldozier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    mount kisco
    Posts
    824
    Jazz or rock. Maybe something else?

  10. #10
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ... but then unlike most folks here, I really do not like the looks of the 250Ti. So you can't please everyone.
    Hah! That's how I felt about the 1400 Arrays. I had a chance to pick up a pair relatively on the cheap but two factors kept me from pulling the triggerone was the aesthetics and the other was not having a chance to hear them to see if the sound quality would overcome the appearance. Instead, I purchased the 4345 clones and for the last 9-years I've enjoyed them immensely.

    Also like you, Mr. Widget, I'm not a fan of the 250Ti appearance, though I do own a pair. I was willing to pay that small price of entry to experience them where I was not prepared to pay over-double that to experience the 1400s.

    None of these prejudices would keep me from bringing home some DD67000s if the opportunity presented itself at the right price. They just look like something that has to sound fantastic!!! Some day I'll at least get to hear a pair . . .
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."Greg Timbers

  11. #11
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,928
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Also like you, Mr. Widget, I'm not a fan of the 250Ti appearance, though I do own a pair. I was willing to pay that small price of entry to experience them where I was not prepared to pay over-double that to experience the 1400s.
    Like you Im not a fan of the 1400 Arrays, they dont make me think of polyester leisure suits the way the 250ti does, but they are pretty ugly. That said, while they may not be in my front room, theyre still in the house.


    Widget

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    135
    while i have heard many JBL'S i would say these are my top 5.

    1 JBL DD55000 Everest ( i own these and building a pair with SOTA crossovers)
    2 JBL DD66000 Everest ( don't own but heard in Bangkok)
    3 JBL 9800 monitors ( have heard at show room in Australia)
    4 JBL 4350 Studio Monitors ( i've owned and loved)
    5 JBL 4435 ( Currently own and i'm keeping),

    As a side note, too me the JBL 1400ND driver is the best low end driver i have heard just does everything right to me. I'm using twin pairs in a set of Monitors i'm currently building.

    Would love too hear, Paragon Hartsfield's at some stage.


    No matter what model you own i think JBL is the best all rounder speaker you can own.


    Joe.

  13. #13
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    In no particular order :

    1. K2 9900 Synthesis. Industrial design refinement and sound.
    2. L200B. Classic JBL Industrial design and sound
    3. L300 Summit. Classic JBL industrial design and sound
    4. L250. One of JBLs best sounding (vintage) consumer loudspeakers
    5. 4345 Professional Series. One of the most listenable JBL Pro monitors of the classic vintage 43xx series
    So beautiful JBL,thank you for your list
    46 lover

  14. #14
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    I will play along albeit I certainly have not heard most of the models listed so far (as much as I would love too). I understand there are much better than the ones I list but these are the ones I have:


    1400 Array
    4365
    S/3100
    S/2600
    940T

    It may be the electronics behind them but I do prefer the 1400 Array over the 4365.
    Thanks,it is very hard to chose from M2 DD67000 DD66000 S9900 S9800 S9500 M9500 4367 4365 array1400 S4700 S4800 S5800 4338 4348 4344 4344MKII S3100 S2600 S143MKII C36 L250 XPL200 4355 4435.............................................. ........................
    46 lover

  15. #15
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNelis View Post
    while i have heard many JBL'S i would say these are my top 5.

    1 JBL DD55000 Everest ( i own these and building a pair with SOTA crossovers)
    2 JBL DD66000 Everest ( don't own but heard in Bangkok)
    3 JBL 9800 monitors ( have heard at show room in Australia)
    4 JBL 4350 Studio Monitors ( i've owned and loved)
    5 JBL 4435 ( Currently own and i'm keeping),

    As a side note, too me the JBL 1400ND driver is the best low end driver i have heard just does everything right to me. I'm using twin pairs in a set of Monitors i'm currently building.

    Would love too hear, Paragon Hartsfield's at some stage.


    No matter what model you own i think JBL is the best all rounder speaker you can own.


    Joe.
    Great!seems you like double 15' JBL very much the only single 15' JBL is S9800,but i think 9800se is improved than S9800
    46 lover

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CORNER SPEAKERS OR NORMAL SPEAKERS?
    By britishbulldog in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
  2. CORNER SPEAKERS OR NORMAL SPEAKERS?
    By britishbulldog in forum Public Forum - Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •