Quote Originally Posted by Dr.db View Post
First of all, sorry for asking these things again, I hope I donīt misuse this thread!

So the formula didnīt take the three inductances into account, right? So the 28hz tuning is without the crossover and in reality tuning frequency will raise from 28hz to 32hz because of the resistance of the inductors?
If I run the woofer without the passive crossover, I would have to shorten the ports a bit to reach a 32hz tuning, right?

Sorry if I might mix up on things, but the thread-starter used a volume of 171 liters in the formula rather than your 135 liters.
Thatīs why he gets 28hz tuning and you get 32hz tuning with the same port-length?
Or does the 2404 enclosure uses a different woofer-type?

Iīve looked at this page for the specs on the TAD woofers:
http://www.technicalaudiodevices.com/lf-units
QTS is 0,34 for TL-1601a and TL-1603, but is 0,31 for TL-1601b. FS and VAS is very similar on all of them.
Thatīs why I was thinking 1603 is closer to 1601a than to 1601b...

Btw; can I simply copy the value of the End correction factor or how do I determine this figure for the formula for the 1603 ?

Subtracting the panel thickness of 22mm from the outside dimension, I get 202,5 liters for the internal volume for the 2402 enclosure. Of course bracing, driver displacement and midrange-horn displacement has to be subtracted of that 202,5 liters, but my guess wouldīve been this could result in 20-30 liters. To result in a netvolume of ~130 liters the insides must occupy nearly 70 liters! Is the 2402 braced that heavily?
Donīt get me wrong, I do not want to argue with you or doubt knowledge as you have build a copy yourself, I just want to understand.

You are right, I forgot the resistance of the coils (around 0.6 ohm in TN-2 network). This is lowering the Fb value repectively to the port length. This is meaning port has to be shorter than the computed value.

There should be something wrong as TS of 1603 are the same as the ones for 1601b (same cone, and magnetic field), while 1601c as used in Exclusive 2404 has similar TS as the 1601a

TL-1601a/b/c takes about 6L of volume. TH-4001/TD-4001 takes about 30L, Bracing parts are huge with 44x60mm sections