Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about some Super Reds

The important parts were probably worth that (604E SuperDuplex + mastering crossovers), but if they were not what you were looking for, then the acquisition of 'more stuff' probably was good to avoid (speaking from a personal perspective). At least you got to hear them.

I was going to offer him $1,600. He said $2K, and I said "Hmmm..., let me figure the value of the components." He said, "The components are worth $4,000!" and I knew we wouldn't come to an agreement.

That's OK. Linda is now OK with me finding a pair of "duplexes" and putting them in 6 cu ft cabinets. A good sub does more for the bass than the helper woofers (Utah), though they probably add some presence and midrange.

They were like having a pair of frigerators in the room. Certainly bigger than anything I've ever considered before. And super efficient!

I would really like a set of 604-8Gs and was going to buy a pair last month for $900 but the guy flaked. These have 8 ohm coils and crossover schematics are easy to come by at GPA for these.

Thread Information