Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage JBLs collecting dust in antique store - questions.

Jbl c40

Nice ( aesthetic design & treatment of the ) Grills ( setup ) I must state!

I don't engage much in fly-by appraisals ( so I usually avoid the personal issues involved ).

( OTOH ) many times there are little benefits to be gleaned ( even for us seasoned veterans ) when observing the building details adopted by others.

First post for me.

It will be nine years that I've enjoyed the audio heritage site. I am fortunate to have been introduced to the D130 in 1967 because it was a good, or great guitar speaker. We bought reconed speakers at the local music store because they were way less money, I think about $50. Even more saving were the Altec 418 that also sounded great. So I was lucky to be introduced to great speakers when they didn't cost tens of thousands like they do now. I can imagine a new person to this site in today's world, maybe never heard a 15 inch Lansing speaker. In this thread I'm hearing things like "first responder"... which I'm not sure if responder is a real word, but we hear it every week in the news. Is there recognition or a prize for being first? Should we not trust anyone by answering any questions until you know their motives and are approved? I have always thought that this site was friendly, and I still do, but it seems there is a let's not be too friendly vibe going around. I never read the rules to this site. The new person, who maybe instigated this post, did read the rules, and figured out he may be breaking them, and asked about it. That's more than I have done. Let me know if I'm breaking the rules?, or is it against the rules to ask? I believe when you are friendly, you attract friendliness. If not, it's their loss. I have found that many people interested in listening to music likes to hear about hifi from the golden age, especially JBL. Maybe I'm just a dreamer... My son might look into this site, if it's still around when I am gone. He may wonder what his dad left him and look for experts. Should I be concerned and advise him to be careful what he says if he comes to this site? I don't really think so, but correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks to all for almost a decade of priceless information from this site that I hope will continue.

Welcome aboard! A fondness for music and past history/legacy products will fit right in.

As to your other questions... It’s the internet. This place has incredibly experienced folks who often will try to guide or help, as well as opinionated “grumps”, a few incorrigibles, but mostly people trying to learn and try things (extreme DIY to near museum quality restorations)... and share common interests and experiences.

Put on a healthy BS filter, don’t take things personally, don’t try to take advantage, and enjoy.

Thread Information