Thread: Crossover help with the 35TI tweeter in L5.

Crossover help with the 35TI tweeter in L5.

Greetings all,

i am am looking for help on improving my L5 crossover. I read at another site that the guy upgraded a L80t crossover. His components made a drastic improvement in the high end. He states he used Solen capasitors and non-inductive resistors.

The 35ti tweeters hurt my ears after a few hours at a moderate volume. Any one with aid, please chime in here.

Thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by clwinbe View Post
    Greetings all,

i am am looking for help on improving my L5 crossover. I read at another site that the guy upgraded a L80t crossover. His components made a drastic improvement in the high end. He states he used Solen capasitors and non-inductive resistors.

The 35ti tweeters hurt my ears after a few hours at a moderate volume. Any one with aid, please chime in here.

Thanks much
    Welcome!

I'd check your source material and electronics. I have the L1, L3, L5, and L7 along with 4412A, all with the titanium tweeters and I have no issue with them. I did have two pair of L80T and replaced their crossovers with T3 crossovers to improve/tame the high-end but I don't find that necessary on the single-digit L-series. What do you listen to?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Welcome!

I'd check your source material and electronics. I have the L1, L3, L5, and L7 along with 4412A, all with the titanium tweeters and I have no issue with them. I did have two pair of L80T and replaced their crossovers with T3 crossovers to improve/tame the high-end but I don't find that necessary on the single-digit L-series. What do you listen to?

Initially, I had them hooked up to an older Denon receiver. I listen to everything, all types of music. My source is a Popcorn Hour A500. It has all of my media, both iTunes and high resolution rips of cd media. I have used both the digital out and the analog out which uses the ESS SABRE ES9023P DAC. It's not the best, it sure isn't the worst.

After extended listening, I swapped out the Denon for my Nakamichi AV10. This receiver has a very sweet top end. This helped but I still have issues. I have an old Hafler Se100 pre-amp and XL280 in storage to test with. My cables are high end Monster, Kimber cable connects. I have a real nice Denon dvd/cd player.

I know that some JBL models can really be revealing. Crap in, crap out Right? I initially had a BBE in the loop, bit these speakers needed no tweeking. My wife says I have dog ears. I had a similar issue with the 4311B with some recordings.

Thread Information