Thread: Tad tsc 3415

Tad tsc 3415

I need some help finding a suitable midrange horn replacement for my Tad cinema speakers. The originals are scarcer than hen's teeth. The originals were made by Community pro but they no longer have the molds.

Attached is a drawing with dimensions. I also have access to the original specifications. An option could be to find somebody that makes custom wood horns. The horn is a 90x40 deg and uses a TAD 4002.

Maybe others have knowledge of another replacement. Thanks for any help...maybe I could use a JBL. I'm sure there will be other questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by FAST996 View Post
    I need some help finding a suitable midrange horn replacement for my Tad cinema speakers. The originals are scarcer than hen's teeth. The originals were made by Community pro but they no longer have the molds.

Attached is a drawing with dimensions. I also have access to the original specifications. An option could be to find somebody that makes custom wood horns. The horn is a 90x40 deg and uses a TAD 4002.

Maybe others have knowledge of another replacement. Thanks for any help...maybe I could use a JBL. I'm sure there will be other questions.
    Does the longer throat make a difference ? I found a horn with similar dimensions but the length of the throat is 43 inches vs 33 inches. Concerned about the sound dispersion changes looking at JBL 2360A OR EV9040 the height of the horn is a problem though @ 31 inches.

Ok.....that means I need a 90/40 pair of horns that are no higher than 25 inches and can be 32 inches long. A 30 inch throat length and a 2 inch driver opening. A Community PC294 would be perfect

Somebody have one? [email protected]

Thanks
    Roger

That looks like a good candidate.

Just over a year ago I spoke with some of the guys from Community "Light and Sound" at INFOCOMM and asked about some of my favorite legacy horns and was told that they still had the molds to everything they ever made and they filled a building.

I guess it's probable that TAD took their forms at the end of the run or ordered them not to be used or worse.

How much of this system do you have?

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    That looks like a good candidate.

Just over a year ago I spoke with some of the guys from Community "Light and Sound" at INFOCOMM and asked about some of my favorite legacy horns and was told that they still had the molds to everything they ever made and they filled a building.

I guess it's probable that TAD took their forms at the end of the run or ordered them not to be used or worse.

How much of this system do you have?

Barry.
    Hi Barry,
    The only thing I'm missing right now is one mid range horn. I have the HF horns,the passive network,the amplifiers,and the TAD drivers.
    i know sooner or later that 2nd horn will pop up.

These I guess are in the unobtainable class,but I need a challenge.

Oh man that's got to kill you being so close to complete.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Oh man that's got to kill you being so close to complete.
    I might go with the mid range horn that I can purchase two of. I took delivery of the TAD bass arrays yesterday and these are very well designed and made. I think the enclosures cost more than what I gave for them alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have decided on using TAD TH series wood horns like the Rey RH-3 & a Westlake hi frequency horn. I might add a super tweeter like the ET703 or the Fostex 500A MKII. Here is a look at the finished pair of TAD horns. This my hope after looking at all the available options.Name:  IMG_2352.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  179.0 KBName:  IMG_2352.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  179.0 KB

Thread Information