Thread: How About a So Cal Gathering/Tours?

How About a So Cal Gathering/Tours?

There are so many in the LA/Orange County CA area and it's been a long time since we've gotten together. How about a gathering or maybe a progressive dinner or similar event?

I'm in the North Tustin area.

I've wired the living room to allow for three pair of speakers to be auditioned, all at similar volume levels, and two pair can be "A/B/X'ed."

I am also performing a few crossover tweaks on the L200/300s and the speakers sound better than ever.

I also have a pair of L112s, and the "comparable" RSLs for audition.

My room is 16' x 26' with a sloped ceiling from ~7-1/2' - ~15' and perfect symmetry.

Power is supplied by a TOTL Yamaha RX-Z9 that offers a "direct" circuit that turns off the digital domain, all eq, and panel lights. The Yamaha will pump out well over 175 WPC. Our Yamaha media player can do CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DTS, etc., but not Blu-Ray.

Interconnects are all upper level (e.g., heavy cable with gold jacks), but not fancy "top end," and speaker wire is fine strand, 12 gauge, OFC.

If people want to bring their speakers to audition, there is a big driveway to park in, double doors for access, and no stairways to deal with.

Any time is good for me. Let's make this happen!

Hi Todd

I'm hosting a hifi friend tomorrow night (Tuesday at 7) in Tustin, people are welcome to join in my small apartment, I'll be spinning some goodies through Waveguided coax JBLs. There won't likely be space or time for multiple system auditions, but get-togethers are always fun.

I'm in Tustin for those who don't know.

I would love to come over. PM me your address and phone # or send it to [email protected].

Anything I can bring?

Thanks,

Todd

In your PMs. No need to bring anything besides yourself and any music you want to demo.

Thank you for the hospitality last night. Was certaining interesting. Next time we do it at my place and give Tara a break.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    Thank you for the hospitality last night. Was certaining interesting. Next time we do it at my place and give Tara a break.

Thanks again.
    Sorry we couldn't get the SACD up. Funny that the amp was off- I had removed some side-firing ambient elements earlier in the day and the amp was off from that.

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    Sorry we couldn't get the SACD up. Funny that the amp was off- I had removed some side-firing ambient elements earlier in the day and the amp was off from that.

You could even bring Tara and the kids and they can use the pool while we audition stuff.

Thread Information