Thread: LE15A's at 9.95 and 9.55 ohms

LE15A's at 9.95 and 9.55 ohms

Is that the proper reading for the resistance (the reading was taken with the signal leads detached)? I had them out to do the brake fluid treatment, so I figured I might as well check the resistance for compliance. These are from my new (to me) Apollo c51 s7 speakers. By the way, I looked through all the available product catalogs circa '71 and found that the Apollo was titled s51 in both the 1967 and 1970 catalogs, and a no show in the 1973 catalog, but in the 1969 catalog it was titled the c51. Aahh 1969, a very good year for speakers, machine gun fighting and crooked politicians. In retrospect the politicians from that era seem honest, the war was hell, not like the dalliances with micro-countries we've had lately, but the speakers, ...aah h, nice.

These babies are sounding better every day. Doing the brake fluid now, so I don't crack 'em. Will try and do a measurement of the Fs after the brake fluid works it's way in after a week or so of listening.

sidney in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by sidney8151 View Post
    Is that the proper reading for the resistance (the reading was taken with the signal leads detached)? I had them out to do the brake fluid treatment, so I figured I might as well check the resistance for compliance. These are from my new (to me) Apollo c51 s7 speakers. By the way, I looked through all the available product catalogs circa '71 and found that the Apollo was titled s51 in both the 1967 and 1970 catalogs, and a no show in the 1973 catalog, but in the 1969 catalog it was titled the c51. Aahh 1969, a very good year for speakers, machine gun fighting and crooked politicians. In retrospect the politicians from that era seem honest, the war was hell, not like the dalliances with micro-countries we've had lately, but the speakers, ...aah h, nice.

These babies are sounding better every day. Doing the brake fluid now, so I don't crack 'em. Will try and do a measurement of the Fs after the brake fluid works it's way in after a week or so of listening.

sidney in AZ
    Those are good DCR numbers for nominal 16 ohm woofers.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Thank you speakerdave, that's good news.

sidney, with new Apollo s7

Thread Information