Thread: Thought for the day

Thought for the day

Name:  Nice Guy.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  100.0 KB

It's far too easy to incite vitriol and anger with just a few words, or interpretation of same.

Please remember there is an 'ignore' feature: Settings (top right, next to Log Out)
    then under My Settings/My Account, Edit Ignore List

... as well as a Report Post option (available for each post, small triangle with exclamation mark)
    when the unfortunate snowball happens.

Be happy and relax folks. It's a f*cking hobby.

I appreciate the sentiment—and your taking the time to express it.

I can only hope those who've been given a "time-out" to think about how their contributions affect others would have learned this after several attempts at re-training their Internet skills.

It is a hobby and, like so many here, I appreciate the effort and tolerance of those who know more than me in offering their assistance without making me feel like the idiot I may have been. Conversely, the older I get the less tolerance I seem to have for those who do not comport themselves as altruistically—and apparently post only to massage their own ego or to demean, put-down, or denigrate others here.

However, membership should not have to "ignore" the incivility, especially when those troublemakers have been warned, banned, and still return to the group under a pseudonym and nearly immediately resume the same abhorrent behavior that got them bounced in the first place.

Rant off!

I love you guys (and gals)!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I've been a member of various internet forums for years, many of which had an Ignore feature built into the board software. Never needed to use it, I can ignore posters easily on my own. And do.

Just noting some available options, should they be of use.
    My shitfest threshold may be on the low side.

There does appear to be a common and recurring impetus behind the majority of the shitfests recently.

Well we now know anything is possible and all news is fake news so that might account for a certain level of craziness

This site was set up to gather information (originally) for the Library.

If visitors and in fact forum users looked at it more often there would be a lot less motivation to post period.

Perhaps the other trend is that people think they can touch down on the forums and obtain what they want to know and get resolution in one post?

Like it should be so easy because you can locate anything on the www.

Unfortunately nothing much here is generalknowledge so you do need to know something about what your looking for before you go down the rabbit hole.

For example someone thought that by looking at the voltage drive for the M2 in a thread meant that they could simply ask how to do that and get a simple answer

Unfortunately the undisciplined nature of many forums cultivates this kind of situation

The test is go buy a book on how to set up a tool shed and see how far you get without help?

Thread Information