Thread: 122A VS. 128H WOOFER comparison

Cool 122A VS. 128H WOOFER comparison

I'm probably going to get some scrutiny for this question, but I'm curious. A couple months ago I put some 128h woofers into my JBL l166 Horizons. I was just wondering the Sonic and acoustical differences between the two? Alli can say is what I put in there is a lot better than the JBL loud series woofers.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonMike View Post
    I'm probably going to get some scrutiny for this question, but I'm curious. A couple months ago I put some 128h woofers into my JBL l166 Horizons. I was just wondering the Sonic and acoustical differences between the two? Alli can say is what I put in there is a lot better than the JBL loud series woofers.
    The 128H and H1 are very competent drivers. Are you saying you like them better than what came in the L166? Hard to tell!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Why would you get scrutiny? JBL actually lists the 128H (128H-1) as the recommended replacement for the L166 when the 122A is not available, so I would feel that at least on some level that it has their blessing. Using the 128H over the 122A should have a number of advantages, including twice the power handling, longer Xmax, no alnico demagnetization worries, etc.

What are you referring to by "JBL loud series woofers"? I am not familiar with the phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonMike View Post
    All the information is here in the library and or tech posts as far as specs are concerned
    This is thread number 3 now-as for "Sonic and acoustical differences between the two?" I would think you would be in the best position to make a determination on the sonics being as you've got them right there in front of your ears to compare!
    Get your mid working?
    Or decided which version of the LE5-xx you like to use?
    Conversation might be a lot more coherent and meaningful if you'd just post all your wonderings in the same place/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    What are you referring to by "JBL loud series woofers"? I am not familiar with the phrase.
    There is a few of those as well as the fact that this conversation appears to be happening at several places at once
    I think he's talking about some car woofers that came in his boxes when he got them
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...n-rebuild-help

Thread Information