I am pretty new to this but am planning on building a set of vintage JBL bass reflex speaker cabinets such as the C35's but will be using newer JBL Components. Specifically, JBL E-130 15" woofers, JBL 2426H/J HF compression drivers with JBL 2370A horns and will probably have a friend build some crossovers for me, crossing over at 1250 Hz . I will be pushing these speakers with a recently restored Sansui 9090 running 8 Ohms at 125 watts per channel which is why I am not using the JBL D-130's and the LE175 drivers. Those early components from the late 50's and into the 60's are rated at 25 watts and I would like something that would be a better match for my receiver. I owned a set of C35's years ago and had them hooked up to a McIntosh MC-240 amp, a C22 preamp and an MR-71 tuner. It broke my heart but I had to part with everything except my Sansui's when my finances took a turn for the worse about 13 years ago. I am, however, beginning to start over with my collection and have the Sansui 9090 to work from. I should mention that I prefer to build a set as I plan on building them with my 14 year old son and would like to leave him this equipment someday, as opposed to buying a pair of speakers. I was, however, looking at the JBL Studio 590's so if this project falls through I can always pick up a set of those. I need some advice, however on the cabinet I am building as I am not certain that these particular components will fair well in the C35 cabinet. Do you think I am heading in the right direction or should I choose another cabinet design for these components? Any advice will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks much,
-Cykotic
Name:  Sansui 9090DB Image.JPG
Views: 2213
Size:  61.2 KB
Name:  JBL C35.jpg
Views: 5679
Size:  44.5 KB