Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorboating on TT

Well, it looks like I cured the problem. When I moved the stand up to the wall I cut a 4in. long piece of 3/4x3/4 and drilled a hole thru the end and out the other end and put it between the stand and the wall in the center of a stud and ran a 8in long screw thru it to secure the audio stand to protect it from my grandkids accidentally pulling it over. I removed it thinking it may be transmitting the LF to the TT and everything is good! I threatened my grandkids with severe retribution if they touched anything and so far so good.

That's nice to hear
    Good!
    Glad you got it resolved

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    Well, it looks like I cured the problem. When I moved the stand up to the wall I cut a 4in. long piece of 3/4x3/4 and drilled a hole thru the end and out the other end and put it between the stand and the wall in the center of a stud and ran a 8in long screw thru it to secure the audio stand to protect it from my grandkids accidentally pulling it over. I removed it thinking it may be transmitting the LF to the TT and everything is good! I threatened my grandkids with severe retribution if they touched anything and so far so good.
    Ahhhh....Sound like you had direct coupled the stand to the vibrating wall.

If you're worried about the stand being pulled over, you could use those earthquake furniture straps made from cloth or seat belt webbing or something similar from a rockclimbing supplier to attach it to the wall.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Good idea!

Thread Information