Thread: Trying to restore a Crown Macro Reference Esoteric - but I need some help, please.

Trying to restore a Crown Macro Reference Esoteric - but I need some help, please.

It has been some time since I have been here but while away, I have been thoroughly enjoying Rick's 4344's :-)
    I have recently acquired a very clean Crown amp for the 4344's, from the original owner, but the backlighting for the front panel is dead.
    Operationally, the amp is perfect but I wanted to try to get it fully functional.
    I understand the dedicated transformer is usually the issue but I have no idea where to source one or where I could have it rebuilt.
    I am hoping someone here can point me to a Crown guru.
    Thank you for your time
    Mark

Jeff,

Thank you for these links - I'll confirm with the tech that is working on this amp, that these are consistent with what we have been using.
    I am hoping someone on LH has restored the backlighting for the front panel on one of these amps, and will share their insights on what was required and how it got executed/repaired.
    Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by chilledspode View Post
    Jeff,

Thank you for these links - I'll confirm with the tech that is working on this amp, that these are consistent with what we have been using.
    I am hoping someone on LH has restored the backlighting for the front panel on one of these amps, and will share their insights on what was required and how it got executed/repaired.
    Cheers
    Mark
    you are really shure the display LEDs are all dead? it can be swithced off aswell behind the front panel from what i remember.
    CROWN+JBL+18SOUND = Fun

Thread Information