Greetings Colleagues,

On March 09, my friend Mitch and I braved the elements ( raining so hard I expected to see Noah at any moment) and drove to the wretched city of Seattle and Definitive Audio, to take part in the Music Matters 12.
The event was very well attended ( crowded really ) and featured and among the luminaries was Mike Fremer. There was a light buffet and some very good Washington wine! Yours truly was able to see/hear presentations by
Linn, Wilson, Sony and Golden Ear, and Macintosh. The music played on these systems was nothing that I was familiar with, excepting the Bach B minor Mass on the Wilson Alexx, which sounded terrific. Due to time constraints
and crowd size,I was unable to hear the presentations by B&W, and Mr. Fremer. For some arcane reason, JBL was not represented, after all Definitive is a high end store. I think the late Paul W. Klipsch had a word for it.

It was great fun and if any of you want to see photos of the event, they can be viewed on the Stereophile web site. I'd go again in a minute even though I dislike Seattle as much as anyone can, although maybe my wife dislikes the place even more.

Ed