Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simulating 5235 Active Crossover Filter Cards

For the 2404 you can think adding an all pass filter that can provide the necessary delay. I'm not sure it is feasible at the crossover frequency you intend to use but this should be explored.

I have original JBL CCBREQ cards

Stored away with 5234a and 5235 crossovers in Las Vegas. FFBR cards too.
    The CCBREQ cards are much larger than the little cards you are looking at, owing to the circuit traces required.

PM me if you're interested.

JBL 2x15 cinema cabinets available

Do you have the woofer cabinets yet? If not, let me know- I'll be driving through Phoenix with my enclosed trailer in the near future.

Anyone else looking for the 2x15 JBL cinema cabinets- I have 4 total. woofers and passive JBL 4648TH (to subwoofer) and 4638TH (woofer to 2360 or 2380 horns -switch selectable) networks too.

I could deliver during my run from Houston to Las Vegas, SoCal, and San Francisco/NorCal.

Just checking in, no further progress on this front but still planning to run some more cases and do measurements. Been distracted with trying to get one of my turntables up and running (ELAC 50H / 750) for my upstairs system, and then these came along

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Kleimann View Post
    Stored away with 5234a and 5235 crossovers in Las Vegas. FFBR cards too.
    The CCBREQ cards are much larger than the little cards you are looking at, owing to the circuit traces required.

PM me if you're interested.
    Hi Rudy, sorry missed your post somehow. These are the cards I'm using. Are the ones that you have different?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Kleimann View Post
    Do you have the woofer cabinets yet? If not, let me know- I'll be driving through Phoenix with my enclosed trailer in the near future.

Anyone else looking for the 2x15 JBL cinema cabinets- I have 4 total. woofers and passive JBL 4648TH (to subwoofer) and 4638TH (woofer to 2360 or 2380 horns -switch selectable) networks too.

I could deliver during my run from Houston to Las Vegas, SoCal, and San Francisco/NorCal.
    I do have a pair of 4648As already, but I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks!

re: CCBREQ cards

Not sure, I'm in Houston the 523x crossover stuff is in Vegas. I have one 5235, two or three 5234A, a 5234 and a 5233A, and more than a dozen cards. I know I have a pair of 80Hz cards. I'm fairly certain I have a pair of the 500Hz CCBREQ cards as shown in your post, and 1 or 2 of the active ones which provide switch-adjustable LF time alignment delay and EQ to compensate for those long 2360/65/66 horns. I'll have it all with me on my way through Phoenix so we could have a swap meet, hehe.

I do have a 6260 and 6230 amp here in Houston if that strikes you right

Nice little score!

Do those have the AlNiCo magnet woofer in them? If so, be careful powering them with that 6290. Get a little too happy with the levels and you'll start demagging the AlniCo.

Speaking of 6290, I like your fabbed-up rack ears Are they strong enough to support that beast without propping up the rear end?

Quote Originally Posted by miscrms View Post
    Just checking in, no further progress on this front but still planning to run some more cases and do measurements. Been distracted with trying to get one of my turntables up and running (ELAC 50H / 750) for my upstairs system, and then these came along

Thread Information