Thread: Jbl 4345

Jbl 4345

Getting my original 4345s in next week and getting pretty excited. Going to biamp with MC275VI and MC2500 amps. Going to use an Electrovoice DBX 38 processor to tune the outputs. Bought a new to me C2300 Preamp and I have a VPI Classic 3SE turntable and a Marantz CD player. This will be my west coast sound system. On the other side of the room I have my east coast sound with my Conrad Johnson ET3SE and my biamped Bozak Concert Grands. So I hope to have the best of both worlds.

Ric. Congrats on your 4345s. Those are a purchase of a lifetime for most of us here. Also welcome to the forum. Those big JBLs were meant to be bi-amped and equ'd. It should be a lot of fun zeroing in on the best sound. Get a hold of a measurement system with a calibrated microphone.

Regards,

John

Sound like an awesome system and room. Welcome to the forum and congrats!!

Uploaded a picture of my 4345

Name:  20170223_194016.jpg
Views: 2377
Size:  57.7 KB

Looks great!

So, what do you think of the sound?
    What got you interested in them in the first place?
    Where did you find them?

Enjoy!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Nice system

Quote Originally Posted by Ricpan View Post
    Name:  20170223_194016.jpg
Views: 2377
Size:  57.7 KB
    Hows that VPI table for Acoustic feedback. Id try to work out some sort of anchor spikes for the cabinets
    Nice collection of equipment Enjoy
    Von Schweikert VR-8
    Canary Ref. 1 300B monoblocks. 300Bx16

Getting my original 4345s in next week and getting pretty excited. Going to biamp with MC275VI and MC2500 amps. Going to use an Electrovoice DBX 38 processor to tune the outputs. Bought a new to me C2300 Preamp and I have a VPI Classic 3SE turntable and a Marantz CD player. This will be my west coast sound system. On the other side of the room I have my east coast sound with my Conrad Johnson ET3SE and my biamped Bozak Concert Grands. So I hope to have the best of both worlds.
    Very cool... I'd like to see the "East Coast" side too!

Widget

My East Coast Side

Bozak Concert Grands, Conrad Johnson ET3SEPhono, And Wyred 4 Sound Mamps (4) Biamped
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Hows that VPI table for Acoustic feedback. Id try to work out some sort of anchor spikes for the cabinets
    Nice collection of equipment Enjoy
    Dead black background. I really like the VPI Classic 3. I have the speakers on a butcherblock dolly and the house is single story with a concert slab. I can roll out the speakers away from the wall when in use and back when not in use seems to work well.

Rick

Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by johnlcnm View Post
    Ric. Congrats on your 4345s. Those are a purchase of a lifetime for most of us here. Also welcome to the forum. Those big JBLs were meant to be bi-amped and equ'd. It should be a lot of fun zeroing in on the best sound. Get a hold of a measurement system with a calibrated microphone.

Regards,

John
    I have cal mic and program.They are biamped MC275 and MC2500. Im about 95% there on getting them tuned.

The Sound

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Looks great!

So, what do you think of the sound?
    What got you interested in them in the first place?
    Where did you find them?

Enjoy!
    I have a friend with a set of 4350s and I thought with the place I need to put them the 4345 would work great and I was right. He came over and was really impressed and said he though they sounded better than his or at lease as good as his. The speaker are in beautiful condition I couldnt be happier. I got them from Greg at Home Audio Sound in Colorado. A great guy and a pleasure to work with.

I have a friend with a set of 4350s and I thought with the place I need to put them the 4345 would work great and I was right. He came over and was really impressed and said he though they sounded better than his or at lease as good as his. The speaker are in beautiful condition I couldnt be happier. I got them from Greg at Home Audio Sound in Colorado. A great guy and a pleasure to work with.
    Ric. Glad to hear you are getting them tuned in. I have a pair of 4333Bs. Went though several months of fine tuning and used a delay on the woofs. For their age they are still relative sound wise today. I recently picked up a pair of 4429s from Greg. Definitely good folks to do business with!

Ric, seeing as you're in League City, Texas, a southeast suburb of Houston, I sure hope you have somehow survived Hurricane Harvey and the flooding and rain.

these stories with drone footage of League City devastation are horrific, hope you are ok. Prayers and hopes for you and your family, and then your belongings.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/ba...n-12045490.php

When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

flooding

Water in garage but thank God did not get in house. I was stuck at work for 4 days and the wife was home alone. She would not have been able to get the speaker up to safety. A number of houses on my street flooded.

So many were not so fortunate... very to happy that you made it through such a horror.

Widget

Thread Information