Thread: EVOI 324 drivers rather interesting, experience?

EVOI 324 drivers rather interesting, experience?

I don't see much about the 2430H (3" neo al comp driver w 1.5" throat) or the evo lf-8 (14" neo differential drive woofers). They both seem to be rather higher-end JBL drivers, has anyone worked with them? I understand the EVOI 324 was unreliable (overheating amps and cheap caps), but they seem to have used top-line drive units and some clever driver-level heat management. The tweeters were heatsinked to the aluminum horns (which seem to have had cooling vents that look like synergy horn midrange entrances) and the woofers are structurally integrated to the baffle segments (again, presumably heatsinking).

There's an interesting listing for just the guts- drivers, horns, baffle segments, though the asking price seems a steep for questionable condition.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/5972349749.html

Looks like I'll be the first

Don't need 'em but will wind up with them anyway it seems- hard to pass up trying out the differential drive woofers.

I think the 2430H was an early version of the 2431H

>>The price listed is per speaker as they are selling for that on eBay.

usually when I hear that, the answer is "OKAY, go sell them on eBay then" and "don't forget the fees, boxing, shipping and wanky buyers" ..have fun. Usually clears that nonsense from their heads.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    >>The price listed is per speaker as they are selling for that on eBay.

usually when I hear that, the answer is "OKAY, go sell them on eBay then" and "don't forget the fees, boxing, shipping and wanky buyers" ..have fun. Usually clears that nonsense from their heads.
    Yeah, that's my thinking as well re: Craigslist people hoping for Ebay prices. I (nicely) reached out to the seller (nice gentleman) and let him know what challenges there might be for oddball drivers with all that goes along with that. I wasn't really looking to get into these (I have a LOT of drivers), but he wants to move on from storing them so I'm getting them tomorrow at a drastically reduced price- I'm really just interested to hear the differential drive woofers, and I do think the integrated baffle/frame/heatsink setup is really cool (as we know, neo likes a lot of cooling).

My first thought is that they'll make an interesting dipole setup- make a frame between them, and have them wired as dipole bass section (and stand) for the below (328CT coax drivers on waveguide baffles, dipole). The baffle venting will be irrelevant (and stuffed with fill) but there will be enough space between them to act similarly to a fairly large baffle.

http://imgur.com/dxKxv8Z

http://imgur.com/e2eHeiL

Some really solid thinking went into these- I got the cabs as well, though I'm not sure if I'll use them. The mounting scheme is very clever- everything locking together. I think the core issue was that the amp/processor setup was unreliable and the product expensive, otherwise, they're very much like a baby M2- integral DSP/Amplification, top shelf drivers, and the best engineering they had to offer. The lightweight cab shells probably didn't help- they're designed intelligently but don't have the heft of a $3900 per system.

Thread Information