Hello all. I've adopted a project and was hoping for some advice, as I've reached a spot that I'm not quite sure how to proceed through-

A few months ago, I bought a pair of what were advertised as 'Urei 813 monitors' for $80. Picked them up without the ability to test or hear them at all, simply because the price. Cabinets are a bit rough, the helper woofers need new foam, but everything else seemed ok.

I began to disassemble the speakers for restoration, and noticed something odd. The crossovers appear to be from 813A's, where as the drivers are all what you'd expect to see in an 813B... The cabinets themselves are stamped 813A. The crossovers are a model 839. The drivers in both cabinets are: Urei 801B (PAS CXL 1580 15" with JBL 2425) and Eminence 800W helper woofers.

A System Component chart can be found here.

From my research, the Time Aligned Crossovers for the different versions of these monitors were very different from one another. I also seem to understand that getting the Time-Align thing right, is the whole point of what makes these great. So I'd guess the mis-match of components that I have could never really work together as they're supposed to. In comparing my 839 crossover's schematic that of the 840 that should accompany my drivers, they do indeed seem very different.

813A, 839 schematic here
813B, 840 schematic here

My questions are:
  • Does anyone have any leads on where I could find a pair of 840 crossovers?
  • Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to get the Time Align system operating as it should?

I've already talked to several people in the Los Angeles area to see if they have any spare Urei stuff around, but no luck yet.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!