Thread: Are these OEM JBL Cabinets or Knock Offs?

Are these OEM JBL Cabinets or Knock Offs?

Hello,

I am hopeful that someone more knowledgeable than myself can tell me if these cabinets are legit JBL or some kind of home build. I purchased them (along with D130 woofers, 2400N crossovers and 075 tweeters. I was mainly after the drivers and had suspicions at the time of purchase that the cabinets were not authentic JBL. Bonus if they are but oh well if not. The badges seemed authentic. Cabinets measure 35 5/8" wide, 16 11/16" deep and 27 3/8" in height.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images      

As the owner of factory-built C35 and C37, I vote for these being home-built cabinets.

They do look quite solid, though.

Welcome! What are your plans for the drivers? Looks like they'd work in those pretty well.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks for the response. The more research I did last night the more I began to lean toward your conclusion. The metal legs seem not authentic also. I think OEM JBL legs are made of single piece aluminum with a single screw attachment.

I may reload the drivers into the cabinets in the short term and look for a decent deal on OEM cabinets for them down the road. These cabinets are not bad but I would like to have OEM throughout eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    As the owner of factory-built C35 and C37, I vote for these being home-built cabinets.

They do look quite solid, though.

Welcome! What are your plans for the drivers? Looks like they'd work in those pretty well.

Hi

The box appears to be home made and nicely built.
    But, before you reinstall the drivers, you should measure the inside dimensions and size of the port.
    To me, the port looks too large.
    So, you should down load WinISD and crunch the numbers.
    My old 030 system had about a similar sized box and if I recall right the port was about 20 sq inches.
    And it would be no big deal to reduce the size of the port with a little plywood screwed to the inside of the box.

Baron030

Thread Information