I brought this string over from another thread... I did so partly out of a basic curiosity, but also to try to better understand how we might be able to better welcome potential nubes and not have some of our Market Place threads spiral out of control into rude name calling rants.

My purpose is not to call out anyone positively or negatively for past events, I'm hoping we can find a way to better greet potential new members.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
The OP appears to be but another hit-and-run "what's it worth" poster. Perhaps a flipper. If he comes back, maybe he'll explain.
Why do so many of "us" care about these inquiries? There do seem to be a number of the regulars here who take offense from folks who have little or no interest in Lansing Heritage and even possibly no interest in audio, but have come across a vintage speaker and want to know what it is or what it's worth to someone else. My question is, if they are polite why do "we" care what the reason is for their inquiry?

Personally I prefer talking with like minded folks who are passionate about audio and better yet vintage Lansing gear, but it seems the right thing to do is to answer the "hit and run" crowd's questions or ignore them if you don't like their tone. Too often I see members chastise first time posters who want to know what dad left them or they found at a recent yard sale.

Widget