Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The DEQX PreMate

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Just to clarify my suggestion was not to use an analogue crossover for the uhf, but to keep the hf and uhf as a single active channel in the deqx, with the passive crossover handling the hf/uhf separation.
    That way you keep everything under the control of the deqx, short of that ~9kHz crossover.
    Yep got it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Just to clarify my suggestion was not to use an analogue crossover for the uhf, but to keep the hf and uhf as a single active channel in the deqx, with the passive crossover handling the hf/uhf separation.
    That way you keep everything under the control of the deqx, short of that ~9kHz crossover.
    That is exactly how I deployed DEQX when I was using their first generation product with my Project Widget 4-ways. This simplified the setup considerably.

Widget

Living in the same town as DEQX might sway my decision, living half way around the world would be a different story. If I was as smart as Greg Timbers, then living half way around the world might become an option again. Having a professional DEQX representative set it up is the only way the majority of people would ever realize the full potential of the things, I look back at the trials and tribulations of Ken Pachkowsky as a reminder that setting these things up can drain the fun out of the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Living in the same town as DEQX might sway my decision, living half way around the world would be a different story. If I was as smart as Greg Timbers, then living half way around the world might become an option again. Having a professional DEQX representative set it up is the only way the majority of people would ever realize the full potential of the things, I look back at the trials and tribulations of Ken Pachkowsky as a reminder that setting these things up can drain the fun out of the hobby.
    Yeah in talking with them, they admit its a challenge to setup. They now have thia DEQexpert online thing with moat of tje gear whi h apparently helps. But yeah just having them loae by, makes sense to use that.

The fellow who does the online set up is the person Ken mentioned in an earlier discussion. He recently helped a friend of mine who bought a DEQX for his active 3 way system. My friend is extremely knowledgeable of the set up and measurements of his system. He's an engineer who designs and builds equipment and speakers. He worked on the set up for several weeks, then had the fellow do the online evaluation, and the guy improved it quite a bit in about 2 hours. I hope that guy is training someone how to do it!

I lived with the HDP4 in my system for maybe 12-18 months.

It was the pre amp and time phase/room eq. It fed an external dac with it's 'digital out' function.

Allan from DEQX was going through town one time and personally dropped in and checked everything as right. He got it absolutely spot on and it is the best company support I have ever experienced in this hi fi malarkey yet.

My only contribution to this thread would be to keep your mains full range. I was sending the lower frequencies to the twin 12 in subs I use and feeding the Focal 1038Be's the rest but when I went back to a conventional pre amp (JC2) and used the Meridian 808.3i's dac, the music became much more room-filling. Was better to my ears anyhow and really a bit obvious when you think of it, as the mains are designed to do full range!

Just my 2c lads/ladies.

Thread Information