Thread: Whole lotta love for 4343's

Whole lotta love for 4343's

I think Led Zepplin's Whole Lotta Love is the perfect track to show off what 4343's can do

I prefer Black Dog from their 4th LP.

Hjalmar

I must agree with Goldjazz here: I think the remaster of LZ2 is absolutely KILLER; the best of the whole series! Page has excavated a ton more bottom end, and the dynamics are much punchier. On the other hand, I think that the LZ4 remaster is the most disappointing of the entire series. Although the remaster does sound a bit more open than earlier issues, over all I think it's still pretty constipated sounding; nowhere near as impressive as "Whole Lotta Love".

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    I must agree with Goldjazz here: I think the remaster of LZ2 is absolutely KILLER; the best of the whole series! Page has excavated a ton more bottom end, and the dynamics are much punchier. On the other hand, I think that the LZ4 remaster is the most disappointing of the entire series. Although the remaster does sound a bit more open than earlier issues, over all I think it's still pretty constipated sounding; nowhere near as impressive as "Whole Lotta Love".
    Very interesting. I only have vinyl versions of the first 4 LZ albums. The only remastered cd I have is the "Mothership" sampler. Are the remastered versions on Mothership the same as on the single cds LZ1 - LZ4 ?

Hjalmar

I only have the remasters of all the individual CDs*, so I don't know how they might compare with those on The Mothership. As I said before I think that LZ2 has the biggest improvement over the original CD, followed by "Houses of the Holy," then LZ1, LZ3, "Physical Graffiti" and LZ4, in that order. I never had "In Through the Out Door" on CD, so I can't say for sure how much that remaster has improved on the original.

*Except for "Presence". Never liked that one very much.

Yes, Presents is also not my favorit. As a Led Zep fan do you have the live recording Jimmy Page with the Black Crows ? Great version of What Is And What Should Never Be.

Hjalmar
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I've heard it, but I'm not much of a Black Crowes fan.

I'm sitting here making up some bass script for MONEY and thought "I just got that LZ disk why not play it" KILLER cd, everything comes thru clear as a bell and the drums and bass are so "in your face" Very well done! IMHO.

Which disc are you referring to?
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

LZ2 thru my diy 4345's

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    *Except for "Presence". Never liked that one very much.

Same with me for many years while in appartments small or spacious.
    After moving into a freestanding house some time ago, i gave this an unsuspecting re-listen and wow, Achilles Last Stand is the meanest thing they've done. Not as dynamic as The Ocean, but mean from start to finish.
    Just the volume made all the difference. Wouldn't have dared that with next wall neighbours
    Doesn't work that way on headphones, not sure why. Volume there and volume from a beefy set of cabs is different.

Ralph

Thread Information