Thread: Jbl 2235h

Jbl 2235h

Could anyone help me to identify this is real JBL 2235H? Please
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sometimes the back of the magnets have a nice aluminum identification plate, and sometimes they don't. The white stamping on it looks similar to that of what I have on a couple of my 2245H. The white writing on the cone is indicative of JBL's assembly practice. The "goop" around the edge of the cone indicates a little sloppy of a re-foam (maybe they used rubber cement instead of the typical white water-based adhesive that dries clear).

So, I can't say for sure, but it certainly has the tell-tale signs of authenticity. Others in the group here have professional experience and should be able to chime in. Can you give us a picture of the front of the cone?

Svollmer said the most of the relevant thing that I could thought of.
    But, if the driver has been reconed earlier with a type of cone kit other than 2235 then you will have another Fs than for a real 2235H (20 Hz). For to be absolutely sure do a measure of the drivers Fs (free air resonance) It should be as near as 20 Hz. If you cant do it your self maybe a reconer can do it for you?
    Flodstroem

What about showing a picture of the front too? That shall help identify the cone, not just the basket. ;-)

right.

...at least was at one time.

best scenario (given the pic) is a properly re-surrounded driver (previously re-coned in 1990, and hopefully with a JBL C8R2235 kit).
    No guarantees of either. Without further identification and testing, I'd (personally) call it a nice frame/magnet basis for a recone.

Driver has obviously been refoamed, to the back, and a lousy job at that.

Thank you so much.

Name:  JBL 2235 front.jpg
Views: 2353
Size:  93.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    Sometimes the back of the magnets have a nice aluminum identification plate, and sometimes they don't. The white stamping on it looks similar to that of what I have on a couple of my 2245H. The white writing on the cone is indicative of JBL's assembly practice. The "goop" around the edge of the cone indicates a little sloppy of a re-foam (maybe they used rubber cement instead of the typical white water-based adhesive that dries clear).

So, I can't say for sure, but it certainly has the tell-tale signs of authenticity. Others in the group here have professional experience and should be able to chime in. Can you give us a picture of the front of the cone?

Cone looks OK for a 2235H, looks likes an original JBL production......
    Flodstroem

In your original pic, there is a white stamped number on the cone at the far right. See if they can get you the number or the pic. There is a standard 5 digit number that JBL used for their 2235 cone number. If that is the correct number, it would indicate the correct cone.

Seeing as the grease pencil info indicates a recone done in 1990, I'm betting its a genuine JBL recone part, simply because in 1990, AFAIK, there were no aftermarket parts available in use.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Thread Information