Thread: Jensen L18 field coil cone weight

Jensen L18 field coil cone weight

I am looking for technical information about the Jensen L18 Field Coil cone weight.

Also looking vor the cone weight of the M18.

Any info welcome!

I know this is an old thread but it is worth reviving cause I think I stumbled upon AN answer, though... on Pinterest of all places. The information comes in photos. I do not have the context (I really dislike pinterest for this reason). It looks to me like these were saved from the auction site and represented the sale of a pair of NOS cones for the L18. Unfortunately, the pair doesn't match! One seems to have measured 54 grams, the other "42-44" they write. They are both curvilinear with a double roll. I wonder if someone who possesses the knowledge could say if these were truely original based on the appearance or perhaps just some that would "work" so the tech labeled and shelved them accordingly, 50 years go by and someone thinks they found the true OG cones when in reality they were just a more-or-less suitable replacement.... Here are the photos: Edit; looking more closely at those little notes, the way it is phrased makes it seem like the 54 may be original and the "42-44" may be the generic replacement... For posterity in case the pictures ever go away (cause I run into that all the time on old threads) the notes state: "18" Jensen Western Electric & BTH cone 54 grams" and the second note: "18" Cone Fit Jensen, BTH & Western Electric Field Speaker 42-44 grams"
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information