Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jbl 2447 with aquapas dia?

Quote Originally Posted by emilime75 View Post
    Hey, Greg, curious if you've successully swapped your 2447 - SL diaphragms yet? I have to do the same thing and was wondering if there were any tricks involved or any special precautions.
    I have only changed some 2426 diaphragms sofar, I used a 1khz test tone to help with the alignment during the tightening process, you can hear a rub instantly and adjust. also make sure the gap is clean. my sl diaphragms are on order from speaker exchange and they are waiting for jbl to deliver any day now. Greg

Still waiting on jbl to deliver to speaker exchange. Hopefully any day soon.

Diaphragms have arrived. I have installed both and have been listening to them for a few days now. I will try and do some measurements shortly. But wanted to give them some run time first. They are currently in a pair of sp215-9
    Cabinets. Greg

Hey, Greg. Curious as to how all of this went for you. I'm using the 2447Js on 2384 guides for my front L+R and center channel. I've also purchased 3 SL diaphragms, but so far only installed 1 in the center.

Haven't done any real precise measurements yet, but I've found that I have to boost the HF significantly on the SL center to match the extension of the Ti L+R channels...I should point out that the L+R channels are using different woofers and crossed differently than the center. L+R are over dual SP215-9 cabinets with 2226H woofers in each. It's a .5 alignment, where 1 woofer is low passed at 150 and the other at 500, where the 2447J takes over. The center, currently, is a single 261F and it's high passed at 1200Hz.

Hi emilime, I dont have the best measuring set up and only have REW to work with. i did some measurements today on axis, horn in cabinet, with the ti diaphragm and then the sl dia, there was not much difference visible. the red is the ti and the green is the sl, the blue is with the sp215 hf crossover sl dia. my listening impressions are that the sl dia has a much more natural sound. both need augmentation with 2404 on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by greg32 View Post
    ...both need augmentation with 2404 on top.
    A bit of an older thread...but, I find it interesting you think VHF needs augmenting. I'm now running 3x 2447s with the 2451SL diaphragms on 2384 waveguides for my LCR and find them to be excellent, as is. Hearing tests show I'm good to about 16k, and I never feel I'm missing anything.

Hi emilime, my thoughts were based on listening with the sp215 passive crossover, the aquaplas diaphragm is slightly less bright sounding than the titanium and sounded better with 2404 on top. I have since biamped the sp215s and equalised the top end and I'm now very happy with the top end. Greg

This is a rough measurement with my active biamp setup, mic was on axis with the horn. Name:  sp125 2451sl active eq.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  70.4 KB

Thread Information