Thread: LX10 network issue

LX10 network issue

Hi

When I turn on the Lancer 101 speakers, I hear no sound from the tweeters (LE175) sometimes.
    In that case, I usually readjust the knob of the LX10 network back and forth, and then do I start to hear the tweeter sound.
    It has been going on for some time, given its vintage status. Is this a simple issue or rather complicated one?
    Is it easy to replace the LX10 network on the back? I mean, just replacing them with another same JBL stock network as a whole instead of just changing any specific one or two parts inside. I'm asking this because I experience this kind of problem with my 101:

Thanks for your feedback as always.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by pyonc View Post
    Hi

When I turn on the Lancer 101 speakers, I hear no sound from the tweeters (LE175) sometimes.
    In that case, I usually readjust the knob of the LX10 network back and forth, and then do I start to hear the tweeter sound.
    It has been going on for some time, given its vintage status. Is this a simple issue or rather complicated one?
    Is it easy to replace the LX10 network on the back? I mean, just replacing them with another same JBL stock network as a whole instead of just changing any specific one or two parts inside. I'm asking this because I experience this kind of problem with my 101:

Thanks for your feedback as always.
    I'd fix 'em. Good chance the pots just need cleaning with Deoxit. SOP. Search "cleaning pots" in the data base. Mike

P.S. Those wiring connections look grungy as well. Clean all the connections while you're at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mannermusic View Post
    I'd fix 'em. Good chance the pots just need cleaning with Deoxit. SOP. Search "cleaning pots" in the data base. Mike

P.S. Those wiring connections look grungy as well. Clean all the connections while you're at it
    O.K!

Thread Information