Thread: Citation 7.1

Citation 7.1

Are these any good in todays standard??

Weren't those built by Fosgate? I haven't heard one in over 15yrs, so I can't comment on the sound quality, but I almost bought one on several occasions.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    Weren't those built by Fosgate? I haven't heard one in over 15yrs, so I can't comment on the sound quality, but I almost bought one on several occasions.
    When Fosgate Audionics was absorbed by Harman, these models were in development. Some contemporary reviews can be found here.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/ampli...9_1583crx.aspx

Build-wise the amps (7.1, 5.1) are terrific. The 7.0 and 5.0 pre/pros can be problematic, though when the 5.0 works (I still keep one) it is marvelous!

The pissing match between Jim Fosgate (6-Axis) and David Griesinger (Logic7) about whose surround matrix should be the Harman Kardon de facto standard in its advanced electronics (Lexicon) and also should be Harman's champion as the ultimate candidate for Dolby's next surround matrix (ProLogicII), resulted in Fosgate being deemed superfluous. Stupid Harman terminated Fosgate and subsequently abandoned the Citation brand and 6-Axis.

Must have been sweet when Fosgate's work was embraced by Dolby and 6-Axis became the foundation for ProLogicII!

In any event, I would buy a 7.1 or 5.1 amp in good condition any day of the week. Be aware that these units are around two decades old, so only buy a really good specimen.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Must have been sweet when Fosgate's work was embraced by Dolby and 6-Axis became the foundation for ProLogicII.
    My personal opinion is that Logic 7 kicks serious butt all over Pro Logic II for multi-channel music listening. Logic 7 seems to excavate real honest-to-god ambience and authentic sonic placement information from each and every 2-channel program, almost magically making listening to them a lifelike 3-dimensional experience, while PLII simply turns 2-channel material into 5-channel material without the center image build-up that made most 2-channel material sound like mono through Pro Logic. To my ears they aren't even comparable. YMMV.

Thread Information