Thread: Quadrophonic decoder

Quadrophonic decoder

Is anyone utilizing quadrophonic 4ch decoding, id like to get into it. I was eye a qs1 but was under the impression it wasn't able to decode due to its a single channel, but sansui still was able to pry some 4ch playback from it.

Any recommendations for a mid level decoder. I thought pro logic ii would decode but see its just not able to accommodate older 4ch audio such as a dedicated player would accomplish.

id like to incorporate a qrx into the bedroom, eventually, no need to add something like that to my main. just simple architecture, I saw a fosgate tate ii would be a nice add on to qs1,

Unless you own a trove of quad-encoded material from the 70s you'll be way better off getting a modern surround processor with several modes dedicated to music (Harman's Logic 7 is by far the best of these) and using that to create 5.1 or 7.1 channel playback from any 2-channel material. It'll sound FAR better than putting together a system using a processing technology that failed to catch on 40 years ago because it didn't produce a life-like surround sound environment.

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    Unless you own a trove of quad-encoded material from the 70s you'll be way better off getting a modern surround processor with several modes dedicated to music (Harman's Logic 7 is by far the best of these) and using that to create 5.1 or 7.1 channel playback from any 2-channel material. It'll sound FAR better than putting together a system using a processing technology that failed to catch on 40 years ago because it didn't produce a life-like surround sound environment.
    What I used to recommend to folks was to buy one of the lesser Harman multichannel receivers with discrete preamp outs, (used), so if you need more power, you can hang power amps for those channels as needed. That way you get Logic 7 and a bunch of nice features for a reasonable price (and usually a remote - real handy!)

I know the old QUAD moody blues albums are all on SACD these days, for instance ... nice surround mises.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...ody+blues+sacd
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Not to balk but im yo vintage if available,
    i've read with quadrophonic 8 tracks, the fostex r8, a long w/ any vintage main fostex as a secondary maybe better.
    a 4ch 8 trak tape could be opened and spooled onto a 1/4" cake for quadrophonic playback. the fostex was recommended, as a recent 8 channel unit, I like the akai as an older 4ch promotion.

for decoding now its touch a go I guess, I had planned on adding a 5.1 setup using a carver pro logic unit I dont know whom iseent using a decoder anyways, these days, but with a vintage unit to capture somemore lossless audio from older music, is my goal here.

any recommendations in an older decoder for 2ch audio as the reel to reel would be dedicated for 4ch audio, baring im able to open the track for winding. ..

LP is the source which necessities a decoder. lp, analog cassette, and 2ch 8 track which is what I currently own.
    eVen stars wars on cable idk yet, haven't had the opportunity to hear that.

sO just a decoder recommendation, using a qrx or marantz is outta the question as my rig is not going to dawarf my 5'9" self. sansui qs, pioneer sqd, lafayette sql, the tate ii is module for them...

Know what I mean

Quadrophonic decoder link for anyone in interest

http://www.4channelsound.com/logic.htm

my rig so far.
    Still need a
    rear integrated amp,
    rear preamp, ( for L212's )
    turntable,
    Dont see why id need iy but possibly a second marantz 5010b
    maybe a crown eq2 idk?
    decoder for quadrophonic ( I like a qs 7000 for its front an rear main in pre out stage make me happy )

Name:  20160407_125158.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  47.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    Name:  download (3).jpg
Views: 232
Size:  5.8 KB

The blue light throws off the green in my apt id need an adjustment. its looks good however, maybe if I was doing a updated version of an older ht setup, right now its not necessary.

Thread Information