Views: 606
Size:  38.6 KBName:  250Ti Jubilee Front no grill.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  221.4 KBName:  250Ti Jubilee Front with Grill.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  75.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SD Modiano View Post
    Here's the lowdown....
    Excellent write up!! Here's to enjoying an excellent speaker and the chase that goes with them!
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by SoundDiva13 View Post
    Today I finally got my 250Ti Jubilee's I sourced from Germany. Best Christmas present ever! 10293L and 10242R serial numbers. MINT condition! I only paid $1,987. Of course shipping was not fun, but finding "Jubilee's" in the states is rare. Point is, shop for a while and be patient. It took me almost 3-years to find what I wanted.

-Brian

Those are pretty! Congrats!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    Excellent write up!! Here's to enjoying an excellent speaker and the chase that goes with them!
    +1

Today I finally got my 250Ti Jubilee's I sourced from Germany. Best Christmas present ever! 10293L and 10242R serial numbers. MINT condition! I only paid $1,987. Of course shipping was not fun, but finding "Jubilee's" in the states is rare. Point is, shop for a while and be patient. It took me almost 3-years to find what I wanted.

-Brian
    Those look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'm sure it must be! If you're happy, we're happy for you.
    Thanks BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    I remember hearing the Matrix 800s in the B&W booth at a CES in the early 90s and thinking at the time that they were the only British speakers I'd ever heard that I would consider owning (and at the time I'd heard just about all of them): they had a huge sound with excellent detail and very realistic dynamics. However, the demo didn't feature any program material with which I was familiar, the room was large and crowded, and they never played anything at what I would consider a quiet listening level. Unfortunately, I never encountered those speakers again during my many training sojourns with Nakamichi and Kenwood, so I was never able to put them through their paces as thoroughly as you did.

Congratulations on falling in [audio] love — it's what all of us here strive for.
    They were just so much fun to listen to, I had to have them. Thanks for the well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    Boy, I lusted after the Matrix 800 back in the day. To me (everyone has their preferences) one of the sexiest looking speakers ever built along with the Goldmund Apologue, Thiel CS5, Wilson WAMM (the original, not the ugly new one), and Apogee Grand. Congratulations on purchasing a "lifer" speaker.

Here's a 1991 review from Stereophile. Lewis Lipnick saying the speaker had no shortcomings was controversial at the time, if I recall correctly.

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloud...oF4Fp702e5w.97
    I practically have that review memorized by now. I must admit, even with my limited time with these speakers, I agree with everything he said about them.
    When I heard back from the dealer yesterday with a delivery date (next Wed. the 14th), he said they left the 800's hooked up for a few days and now there's three buyers lined up if I change my mind....yeah, not bloody likely.

-Brian
    Congrats on scoring those 250 Jubilee's, man! They look to be in fantastic shape. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    Glad you enjoyed following along.

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    I'd be ready to send the 044Ti's out for replacement of the foam damper. Mine are getting done right now and I'm hoping this finally gets the high end to settle down some. Been trying to voice them with tube rolls and cables, but it was time for the big hammer approach.

That and a re-foam of the LE14H-1 and you'll be good for another 20 years....

jblnut
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    I fear mine should be requiring some attention soon.

Bought them out of the Seattle area many years ago, and they have lived in our dry climate here so far so good, but the clock is ticking.

Damn you all!

I checked my surrounds closely a few days ago and one is starting to show signs of crackage in two 1" areas.

I'll have to decide now which temporary pair to rotate in while I get these get fixed.

I don't really have the layout for the L7's to go there.

Maybe the 120Ti's on stands? Those need surrounds too but I can rotate a pair of 128H from some 4412's.

Or I could just live with the L5's for a bit I suppose.

jblnut, please PM me the info on who is doing the 044ti's for you. I can tackle the surrounds, but am a bit uncertain on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    I don't really have the layout for the L7's to go there.
    I'm constantly surprised as to how well the L7 works in a room or position where you'd assume they wouldn't. Especially after all the discussion in T-dome's thread about placement. Give 'em a try!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Earth Shaking Bass?

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    "be patient young Skywalker"....sage advice for Jedi or JBL shoppers alike.

You will find 10 more pairs in LA before another comes up on the East Coast...that is certain. They don't seem to be that rare out there and I can't count how many I had to pass up out there because of shipping concerns.

If you're willing to stretch some on the budget the Array 1400's are already into the $5k range. Might be worth a listen to those if you can find a pair.

Of if you are really up for something unique...these look...insanely awesome!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-JBL-X...AAAOSw44BYLeww

jblnut
    Seems a fair price.

Ben Lomond, CA is just a few miles from the epicenter of the 1989 earthquake that devistated San Francisco.

Better be careful using these monsters !

-D_E-
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'm constantly surprised as to how well the L7 works in a room or position where you'd assume they wouldn't. Especially after all the discussion in T-dome's thread about placement. Give 'em a try!
    The space requires the speakers front baffles to align with the TV/furniture...

Not necessarily optimal for the Ti's but I imagine that's gonna flat out kill the L7 design/intent.

My B460 is 90* to the right against the perpendicular wall (old photo)

Name:  DSC_6676.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  111.0 KB

I'd still try the L7 reversed (woofers out) in that location, just to see how they'd fit in while you're working on the 250s. Who knows?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

044Ti fixer

No need for PM - I asked him and he is happy to do more of these. It's member GordonW both here and on AK.

He's got the set from my 120's right now.

jblnut

Gorgeous!

Those Jubilees are a thing of beauty! Let me know when your ready to sell them!
    Vintage JBL and Altec fan

Thread Information