Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Samsung to acquire Harman

Jane Harman was on CNN yesterday proclaiming some horrible things will come to pass over the Trumpsterz election... She did have a dumb smile on her face, so I assume she still owns some shares.... ...Samsung cash deal was 28% above the market price....

From the Inside

Sent to us dealers

As you know, this week Samsung and HARMAN announced a definitive agreement under which HARMAN will become a standalone subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. This will create the most comprehensive connected technologies company in the world. The acquisition is expected to close by mid 2017.

Upon closing, HARMAN will operate as a standalone Samsung subsidiary, and continue to be led by Dinesh Paliwal and HARMAN's current management team. Samsung plans to retain HARMAN's work force, headquarters and facilities, as well as all of its consumer and professional brands.

I wanted to reach out and share the excitement this news has created. We see this transaction as a benefit to all stakeholders in the Professional Solutions space because we will be able to leverage Samsung's unparalleled global scale and R&D capabilities that will enable us to accelerate our innovation.

The combination will also expand the company's business-to-business platform through its ability to deliver integrated, large-scale audio, video, lighting, control and switching professional solutions across all the market verticals we serve.

As we look at Samsung, we see not only market leadership in virtual reality, video display, IoT, but a company with deep relationships with entertainment and enterprise organizations. The synergy is compelling and we see a clear opportunity to develop and own a total complete end-to-end solution for our customers.

We are early in the transaction process and we look forward to sharing developments with you as they happen. Currently, it's business as usual at HARMAN.
    Thank you for being such a valued HARMAN partner.

Mohit Parasher,
    President, HARMAN Professional Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmics View Post
    I wanted to reach out and share the excitement this news has created. We see this transaction as a benefit to all stakeholders in the Professional Solutions space because we will be able to leverage Samsung's unparalleled global scale and R&D capabilities that will enable us to accelerate our innovation.

Mohit Parasher,
    President, HARMAN Professional Solutions

Well, Mohit, I hope those "R&D capabilities that will enable us to accelerate our innovation" are not the same talented folks who accelerated Samsung washing machines to an "unparalleled global scale."

At least you didn't say, "R&D capabilities that will enable us to ignite the fires of our innovation to explode around the world." *(cough!-Galaxy Note 7-cough!)*
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Well, Mohit, I hope those "R&D capabilities that will enable us to accelerate our innovation" are not the same talented folks who accelerated Samsung washing machines to an "unparalleled global scale."

At least you didn't say, "R&D capabilities that will enable us to ignite the fires of our innovation to explode around the world." *(cough!-Galaxy Note 7-cough!)*
    Galaxy Note 7 recall did not damage Samsung brand in U.S

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-gal...s-poll-2016-11
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Colleagues:

Market realities change all the time and companies that compete in the market place have to change with it. All of us here ( I think ) enjoy listening to our favorite tunes on what is considered large home audio systems. Most younger people today most likely invest their audio dollars in car systems that rattle our license plates when they are anywhere near us. Probably being reproduced on MP3 units. In this atmosphere I can see why Mr. Paliwal thinks he is in the car audio business. I almost never listen to music in my car, even though it has a very fine system made by dynaudio. My children however listen to music whenever they are in their cars, and do not have what any of us would consider a decent home audio system.
    As far as how the current reptiles who run the company (JBL) are concerned, they should be keel hauled in shark infested waters for their treatment of certain senior engineers.

I have noted and I'm sure I'm not the only one, that HK's home audio stuff has become a bit stale, and even at this time there is nothing in their product line to replace my 2009 AVR 354 with. Let's hope this changes and we see stuff in the high end audio salons in the near future.

Let's all remember that JBL was once owned by a food company.

Ed
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Galaxy Note 7 recall did not damage Samsung brand in U.S

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-gal...s-poll-2016-11
    I have a Samsung tablet, 2 little Samsung 32" TVs, 8 Samsung SSDs, some Samsung DDR3 RAM, that's just the Samsung stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I have a Samsung tablet, 2 little Samsung 32" TVs, 8 Samsung SSDs, some Samsung DDR3 RAM, that's just the Samsung stuff I can think of off the top of my head.
    Do you have a good fire suppression system?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Widget

I have a new 4K 40 inch Samsung TV and it's a fine set. Amazed by how good the audio is*, in addition to the image and vast settings choices.

Hoping they do better by JBL than past owners ..ie: Beatrice Foods

* 5.1 DTS
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Widget
    No, but I do have a few thousand mAh of Li-ion batteries in my crisper drawer.

However it's really easy to be pessimistic because (my .02) Asian companies are not all that great for audio. Short of some interesting really high end stuff from Sony I have no memory of ever finding a Samsung or LG audio product tempting in any way. I have no doubt one result will be more branding of Harmon brands in bastardized products like TV's with "sound by JBL" or other such garbage. Samsung phones with JBL speakers, etc.[/QUOTE]

In Pro Audio, Yamaha's pretty damn good.

And yet, the asian's and in particular the Japanese, seem to revere the JBL brand.
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Widget
    I work at a place that sold the now infamous Note 7 firebomb phones. When they started being returned, we were told to set up a security cage in the warehouse and place them all together into one place until there is a clear signal from Samsung as to what to do with them and how to get them out of our store.

Really? Yep. Forty or fifty potential fire hazards all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by BeDome View Post
    I work at a place that sold the now infamous Note 7 firebomb phones. When they started being returned, we were told to set up a security cage in the warehouse and place them all together into one place until there is a clear signal from Samsung as to what to do with them and how to get them out of our store.

Really? Yep. Forty or fifty potential fire hazards all in one place.
    Couldn't you just have removed the batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    Couldn't you just have removed the batteries?
    Looks like bench tech work, not consumer lever or retail clerk stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGcBy-ET4mY
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information