Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what a steal! 4312ds at jbl.com!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Price is certainly tempting. I believe I've seen them selling for almost four-times that much. Since they all seem to come from Japan, the pricing we have seen may not really be competitive. But, if you want these, this is obviously a stupidly low price.

There is a newer 4312e out now ($1000 each), and remember this is a Control Monitor so basically an oddly voiced updated L100. I believe you'd be better off with a pair of 4412 or 4410 for the same money. IMNSHO, of course!
    right i hear you...oh alright, so this is kind of a closeout sale true? i see, are those available online? i don't care for the dealers here in vegas, especially the jerk i got the s4700s from...

also, what are your thoughts on doing the stacked thing ie 2 on each side...
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    .... and just enjoy life rather than being stuck in the house with the s4700s...from what people are saying around here, they're not that good and they're overpriced...they're already 4 years old and i don't wanna be stuck with the damn things...
    who cares what anyone else is saying

whether you enjoy them is whats important.

4 y.o ?? Geeze, most of us have speakers built last Century.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I would be all over these if I had somewhere to put them or "needed" them. They would make a really nifty early Christmas present for the right person.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    who cares what anyone else is saying

whether you enjoy them is whats important.

4 y.o ?? Geeze, most of us have speakers built last Century.
    yeah true, but it would be advantagous to free up the money tied up in those. however, with the poor resale value of hi fi in general then i'll be lucky to clear 9k i guess. not sure, of course. so, perhaps i'm stuck for a while...

i dunno. take my posts here with a grain of salt, i'm just thinking out loud here, lol.
    S4700 owner.

Sold out

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dprice View Post
    I would be all over these if I had somewhere to put them or "needed" them. They would make a really nifty early Christmas present for the right person.
    well, i can't get 'em right now anyway...my credit card is at home and i'm here stuck in the damn hospital...just for shits and giggles i called the card hotline and they only had the last 4 digits..i wasn't surprised at all. so anyway, it don't look like i'll be getting these soon, therefore it looks like i'm proably sol. however, i was happy to share this with you guys because i feel it is a really good deal...
    S4700 owner.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dezmond View Post
    Sold out
    craparoonie...ah well...but that don't mean they won't restock true?
    S4700 owner.

Those were not current production, they have moved on to the 4312E. So it's unlikely that they will restock.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Those were not current production, they have moved on to the 4312E. So it's unlikely that they will restock.
    well, i just called jbl back and they said they're getting more in...i'm not gonnasay when...i aready shot myself in the foot here already, you know?
    S4700 owner.

well, i just called jbl back and they said they're getting more in...i'm not gonnasay when...i aready shot myself in the foot here already, you know?
    Well as long as you post AFTER you get a pair that they're in stock then we can all be golden
    Last edited by RedCoat23; 10-02-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling

well, i can't get 'em right now anyway...my credit card is at home and i'm here stuck in the damn hospital...just for shits and giggles i called the card hotline and they only had the last 4 digits..i wasn't surprised at all. so anyway, it don't look like i'll be getting these soon, therefore it looks like i'm proably sol. however, i was happy to share this with you guys because i feel it is a really good deal...
    Judging from similar (older) speakers of this ilk, there are better choices of how to spend $400 on JBLs.
    L5, L7, 4412, 4410 come to mind. That's why I didn't pull the trigger.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by RedCoat23 View Post
    Well as long as you post AFTER you get a pair that they're in stock then we can all be golden
    lol exactly, and i have a funny feeling these are gonna be popping up on dealer websites soon for 2 or 3 times the price, maybe 4...and i'll be buying 2 pairs!
    S4700 owner.

Thumbs up

Judging from similar (older) speakers of this ilk, there are better choices of how to spend $400 on JBLs.
    L5, L7, 4412, 4410 come to mind. That's why I didn't pull the trigger.
    ok cool, are the 4412s available new?
    S4700 owner.

ok cool, are the 4412s available new?
    I wish!
    Though the 4412A was still available new up until just a few years ago.

Good luck!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I wish!
    Though the 4412A was still available new up until just a few years ago.

Good luck!
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 4412A's were created based upon complaints that the 4410A's are a little bass-shy; that the 4410A's are in the correct volume for the woofers but the 4412A's are not.
    I don't have a set of the 4412A's so I can't honestly comment but I do have the 4410A's. It is a great speaker and can certainly be found in excellent condition for around the $400 mark.

Thread Information