Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what a steal! 4312ds at jbl.com!

Cool what a steal! 4312ds at jbl.com!

you dudes are not gonna believe this!!!

http://www.jbl.com/4312D.html?dwvar_...=Black#start=1
    S4700 owner.

That is a good price, they were twice that on clearance a few years ago. If it's not a misprint, that would be a bargain.

What are the drivers in these? Are they cast/pro frames?

Good price either way.

Warren
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

The L on the end has me wondering if it isn't per speaker, mine are 4312DBKL and 4312DBKR and the price was nearly exactly twice what this is. Seems like the tweeter is an 054Ti or something, 2213Nd woofer, but not the dual voice coil like the 4312E, 105H mid.

http://jbl43.com/?pid=31499131

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    The L on the end has me wondering if it isn't per speaker, mine are 4312DBKL and 4312DBKR and the price was nearly exactly twice what this is. Seems like the tweeter is an 054Ti or something, 2213Nd woofer, but not the dual voice coil like the 4312E, 105H mid.

http://jbl43.com/?pid=31499131
    they are per pair...type in 2 in the quantity box, then click on add to cart..then you'll see your total which is under $800...so, there you go...plus free shipping and 30 day money back guarantee (providing you have the original box and they are in as new condition)

i have a question...how would it sound if you bought 2 pairs and stacked them...2 per channel? thanks...
    S4700 owner.

I suspect that they have made a mistake and that they will fix it soon. If not, it looks like a nice business opportunity.

I suspect a pair is two lefts.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I suspect a pair is two lefts.
    oh...well, i suppose it doesn't hurt to ask...call them tomorrow at 9 am est?
    S4700 owner.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I suspect that they have made a mistake and that they will fix it soon. If not, it looks like a nice business opportunity.
    could be, and now i just let the cat outta the bag! d'oh!
    S4700 owner.

Was thinking about it, but don't want to left's.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dezmond View Post
    Was thinking about it, but don't want to left's.
    i don't either...what do these babys usually go for?
    S4700 owner.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    oh...well, i suppose it doesn't hurt to ask...call them tomorrow at 9 am est?
    ok, i called...i talked to a tech, and he said my 300 wpc bryston amp is too much for the 4312d's true?

then i called the sales dept, and they told me it is a matched pair. take that for what you will.

they also told me the stock is low but not real low. in addition that is in fact $389 a pair, not each

finally, how much can i get for the s4700s if i decide to sell...perhaps these would be a backwards move, but i got bills to pay...a lot. i really can't have too much money tied up in stereo equipment...besides, i wanna travel, and just enjoy life rather than being stuck in the house with the s4700s...from what people are saying around here, they're not that good and they're overpriced...they're already 4 years old and i don't wanna be stuck with the damn things...
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    ok, i called...i talked to a tech, and he said my 300 wpc bryston amp is too much for the 4312d's true?
    Most folks use a preamp or some other means of controlling the amplifier so the amp isn't always running at full power into the speaker - I imagine you are, too. So the speaker will never know how powerful the amp connected to it is if it's not run wide open.

Price is certainly tempting. I believe I've seen them selling for almost four-times that much. Since they all seem to come from Japan, the pricing we have seen may not really be competitive. But, if you want these, this is obviously a stupidly low price.

There is a newer 4312e out now ($1000 each), and remember this is a Control Monitor so basically an oddly voiced updated L100. I believe you'd be better off with a pair of 4412 or 4410 for the same money. IMNSHO, of course!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Most folks use a preamp or some other means of controlling the amplifier so the amp isn't always running at full power into the speaker - I imagine you are, too. So the speaker will never know how powerful the amp connected to it is if it's not run wide open.
    ok, cool, thanks for that...yes i do have a bryston bp6 preamp, basic stripped down pre. so, the amp is ok then, true? you wouldn't go any higher would you?
    S4700 owner.

Thread Information