Thread: Connecting a pro Crown power amp to a SR4725 JBL crossover

Connecting a pro Crown power amp to a SR4725 JBL crossover

The JBL crossovers have 2, 1/4" TRS input jacks (2 for bi-amp, 1 for non-bi-amp) and one additional other large jack (e.g. Jack #3) that looks like a BIG XLR input but it is NOT an XLR jack.

I think, I think, I think, Jack #3 on the JBL crossover has a sticker that tells how to wire the internal jack pins to achieve bi-amp or no bi-amp ?????

On the back of Crown XLS 802 power amps are two jacks that look like they match the "Jack #3" JBL crossover inputs.

Question: What is the professional name of these jacks/cables and can I run one of these cables between the Crown power amps and the crossovers in a non-bi-amp configuration?

Speakon?

Should have Speakons in addition to banana jacks. Bananas are often blocked off for amps sold in Europe to prevent their wall-plugs from being inserted.

A picture might help. Are you looking for extra outputs? Or what??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

That looks like the jack in the picture above. Is that a "Speakon" jack?

Thanx....

...been here for years and I have never found a single way to add photos to this site....

When you type a reply, look down a little past the emoticons, you'll see a "Manage Attachments" button. You can use that to upload a picture from your computer. For inserting pics that are already on the internet, just copy the address of the pic and insert it between

[ img]pictureaddress.jpg [ /img] tags - there is an extra space in these examples to keep the img code from working on the example address.

Here's a pic of the rear of a Crown amp plucked from the internet, using the [ img] tags as above.

Thread Information