Thread: Best Gear?

Best Gear?

Hey,

I’ve been steadily overhauling my studio gear as some of it was getting a bit tired. I’m a sucker for the old stuff and after a brief rummage around various online bargain bins looking for vintage speakers for sale, I scored myself a sweet pair of reconditioned JBL 4343’s. The transparency of the sound is amazing. Best monitor speakers I’ve ever used and put a real smile on my face.

Name:  20120706165441.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  44.3 KB

Just a quick question for you audioheads. What’s the piece of gear that you own that made you the happiest when you got it all plugged up and running? Doesn't have to be speakers. Can be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AudioFile View Post
    What’s the piece of gear that you own that made you the happiest when you got it all plugged up and running? Doesn't have to be speakers. Can be anything.
    tie:

amp=BGW750D
    cd=ARCAM FMJ23
    TT=Denon DP60L w/Shure V-15-V
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

For me it would have to be the 4350's. I wanted a pair of those so bad for so long that even though I have speakers that sound better and other speakers that play louder, these are the ones I just love to get out and play.

Welcome to the forum!

Barry
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Don't know if this counts, as I'm sure they're gone, but saving up for... purchasing... and then listening
    to death: a pair of Koss Pro 4AA headphones was a long term jones-satisfying item. Allowed a level of
    quality, volume, and parental sanity unavailable via speakers at that price and time.

Crown DC300 and Pioneer SPEC4

For me it always was a dream to bring old power amps back to life. As digital amps are available today, much lighter and more powerful, all the old analog amps from the 70s and 80s found there way to the scrapyard.
    I was lucky to find a Crown DC300 and a Pioneer SPEC4 in bad condition, used for years in PA systems. Now they work for me, fully restored with a lot of new parts and sounding like new. It is always a great feeling when I fire them up the first time after their last tone years ago.....

Hjalmar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information