Thread: Let me introduce myself....

2pair

Let me introduce myself....

My first pair:L-75 minuet
    I got these from a girlfriend who asked if I wanted them saying if I didn't take them she was going to toss 'em because they didn't sound good. When I saw them I was tempted to tell her to go ahead and throw them out. You see, she had wrapped them in shag carpeting to hide some severe scratches, and had covered the front as well, so of cors they sounded bad. After unwrapping them I found they were a very nice little system. That was 10 yrs ago or so and I'm still listening to them and they still sound good. The cabinets are still ugly but I was thinking of having them rebuilt/recreated. Any thoughts on how this would affect their value? The le8T's need refoaming, as do the pr8's.
    My second pair:L-110
    These I got from a buddy who was cleaning out his garage and I happened to be there when he got to these. He said he brought them out 'bout 5 yrs ago 'cuz the cats were scratching them and he didn't want them wreaked. The boxes are nice on these but I'm afraid the Hf's are shot. Any thoughts on where in my area I can bring all these for refoaming, or parts? (I'm looking at you Mr. Mc Ritchie)
    Thank you in advance and for past info (giskard, you da man!)

2pair
    Hello Again...
    I should also say by way of introduction that I have been fairly regularly come to this site for information pertaining to my own speakers. I have found it invaluable for finding everything I needed, from spec sheets to owners manuals.
    It wasn't untill yesterday that I noticed someone else from Manitoba that I decided to finally register(that and trouble viewing pages). Knowing he was a local I noticed his name everywhere I went now. I soon came to realize this whole site is Don McRichie's child.
    So I would like to thank you Mr. McRitchie personally for having this resourse available to night-owls like me!
    Dave

Hi Dave

Welcome the forum and thanks for the kind words. There are a few fellow Winnipegers on this board that you can search for using the search feature under the "Members List" link above. To answer your question, I do not have experience with the local recone shops. As you may be aware, Advance Professional is the authorized JBLpro dealer in these parts, but they have a reputation for being expensive. Stefanko is the only local JBL consumer dealer that also does speaker repairs. Those two should be a good start.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Thread Information