Quote Originally Posted by Zvuchniak View Post
I kinda disagree.

From JBL measurements you can easily see that SPL is virtually the same in the region 1-2KHz and 5-10KHz with maybe 1dB rise in SPL at 10KHz. That's not to say that from 2KHz to 5KHz it measures bad - it retains the same SPL with minor glitches in response.

Karls measurements clearly show great SPL difference. Very flat from 1-5KHz (that is expected) and then rise in level, +3dB hump from about 7.5KHz to at least 12KHz. I'm not concerned with the 6.5KHz dip... That hump looks awful and is worrying. Shouldn't that be dealth with DSP ? I'd really like to see gated measurements with gate set to at least 3ms which would make them valid to about 350Hz.

Cheers
That "hump" might look awful to you, but it is nothing compared to what happens in the 8kHz-20kHz in the on-axis curve from the spinorama.

Anyway, the on axis curve is only a (minor) part of the whole picture here, and the EQed curve was the listening window average.

Here are my gated measurements (correct settings in red, you can ignore the blue curve), 0° and 20°
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post393721

You can clearly see that the bump around 8-9kHz results in a flat curve at ~30° off axis (which is probably a good approximation of the listening window curve...)