Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New JBL Addict - just a hello

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2

    New JBL Addict - just a hello

    Hi all -

    I stumbled across this site a while back, and while out of town last week, managed to read every one of the posts in the Lansing Discussion section of the forum. I have been a JBL fan since my dad bought a pair of L36s back in the mid 70s. I also remember peeking into a living room on a paper route and looking at a customers L100s (they had large windows and what caught my attention was their cat scratching up the foam grilles).

    Anyway, when I got out of college, I bought a set of LX55s. They just got refoamed and I need to find them a new home. I also just got a nice set of 4312s from a former JBL rep who was able to buy them at 50% off back in the day. He even gave me the receipt! I need to have one of the woofers fixed but that's being worked on.

    I am looking around for a set of nice L150As. Those were and are my dream units. My wife will probably kill me when she sees those, but not before saying something like "When you're gone, I am going to sell those for exactly what you say you paid for those...so, how much did you pay for those?".

    Anyway, hi everyone...

  2. #2
    Senior Seņor boputnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    7,009
    Quote Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
    Hi all -

    I stumbled across this site a while back, and while out of town last week, managed to read every one of the posts in the Lansing Discussion section of the forum.
    There's a twelve-step program we don't advertise...

    Anyway howdy!
    bo

    "Indeed, not!!"

  3. #3
    Senior Member gdmoore28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
    My wife will probably kill me when she sees those, but not before saying something like "When you're gone, I am going to sell those for exactly what you say you paid for those...so, how much did you pay for those?".

    Anyway, hi everyone...
    That's what my wife says, too! She wants me to make a list of everything I have accumulated over the years and price each piece, along with a description for her to type into the ebay listing. Isn't it funny how the wives always assume WE will die first? Hmmmm.........

    Welcome to the ranch, STD!

    GeeDeeEmm

  4. #4
    Senior Member DavidF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
    Hi all -

    "...I am looking around for a set of nice L150As. Those were and are my dream units. My wife will probably kill me when she sees those, but not before saying something like "When you're gone, I am going to sell those for exactly what you say you paid for those...so, how much did you pay for those?".

    Anyway, hi everyone...
    Yep. Always had to have a 3-way JBL model that had that JBL look of quality and purpose. No doubt large boxy enclosures are hard to place in the living room these days.
    David F
    San Jose

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nicotrol for Project May Addict
    By Don McRitchie in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •