Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decade L26

PSS AUDIO

Decade L26

Good afternoon,

Where can I found technical specifications and pictures of the decade L26 speaker?

Take a look in the Lansing Heritage Library

Here is one of several spec sheets that can be found there about the Decade series.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...974-decade.htm

Ok Giskard, you beat me, but I thought I would encourage his prowling around a bit.

PSS AUDIO

Re: Re: Decade L26

Originally posted by Giskard
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...s/1973-l26.htm

Dear Giskard

Thank you for those links.

May I criticize the way the site is managed as I did not found them and even by a search!

Is it possible to enhance the search engine?

Once again thank you for your help!

Obsolete
    "May I criticize the way the site is managed as I did not found them and even by a search!"

You won't be the first if you do.

"Is it possible to enhance the search engine?"

I think the search feature works only for the forum.

I've often resorted to these:

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/site-map/site-map.htm

http://www.lansingheritage.org/sitemap.htm

Much of the useful information on this site is contained in the scanned images, unfortunately, there is no search engine that can determine the content of those pages. I have also found that if you do not use Microsft Internet Explorer, then the button for the library section may not be visible on the main page. I guess that it's because the site was designed with Microsoft Front page. So I try to use the browser that this site was designed for, even though I normally use Netscape. Since all of this great content is free, it seems a bit petty to complain about how it is presented.

Obsolete
    "Since all of this great content is free, it seems a bit petty to complain about how it is presented."

Excellent point

PSS AUDIO
    Originally posted by Don C
    ...it seems a bit petty to complain about how it is presented.
    I never intended to fire this site and the great job done about ALTEC and real JBL (what is sold today with the label JBL do not match what was done at the beginning).

My “critic” is just to enhance this site!

Obsolete
    "what is sold today with the label JBL do not match what was done at the beginning"

I've heard this one before, mostly from those who've blown out their eardrums listening to D130/075 systems...

http://www.stereophile.com/showarchives.cgi?365

http://www.stereophile.com/showarchives.cgi?365:7

Personally, I would stack the K2-S9800, 4348, Performance Series, or LSR32 up against any older JBL you'd care to bring to the brawl.

"My “critic” is just to enhance this site!"

Understood

Personally, I would stack the K2-S9800, 4348, Performance Series, or LSR32 up against any older JBL you'd care to bring to the brawl.

Yeah, but that's gear that 90 percent of everybody can't afford, and will probably never hear.

Tell me this: What JBL consumer speaker, selling for comparable money these days, will actually sound BETTER than a Lancer 77 or L26 Decade, especially in a dynamic range standpoint? Or an L166, or especially, an L100T or L150a?

The point is, I readily agree that JBL Pro is still da bomb. I just wonder if they're not becoming "just another me-too" speaker in the consumer market...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Obsolete
    What person would actually buy a Lancer 77 or L166 today at the price it would take to manufacture a Lancer 77 or L166?

2 people? 3 maybe? The market is targeted at Walmart shoppers and correctly so. The market for loudspeaker systems such as you list is infinitesimal to non-existent.

Today, an LSR32 lists for the rediculously low price of $1179. Compare that to an L150A-B which went off the market exactly 20 years ago at $750. Sonically the LSR32 eats the L150A-B alive and doesn't even leave the bones.

PSS AUDIO
    Sonically the LSR32 eats the L150A-B alive and doesn't even leave the bones.
    In your opinion, what will eat, with the bones, either a 4333, or a 4343, or a 4350/55?

Obsolete
    Well, I suppose some would say the newest 4348 would eat the 4333 or 4343/4344, but I'm not real sure the bones would be gone too

If I still had my 4343B's I'd just bias a pair of 3145 networks, install them, and call it a day

As for the 4355... it's mighty ferocious, I doubt anything will be eating it any time soon.

Isn't it hilarious how even an L26 thread degenerates into yet another thread about big JBL Studio Monsters?
    Last edited by 4313B; 06-27-2003 at 06:38 AM.

PSS AUDIO

Isn't it hilarious how even an L26 thread degenerates into yet another thread about big JBL Studio Monsters?
    It's better than a 4350/55 thread degenerating into another thread about small JBL home speakers!

If my solicitor new it, he would be ill.

I asked about the L26 as I must provide him a good quality sound system based on a small JBL speaker (his wife says that a 4333 is far too big) and one of my amplifiers...

Thread Information