Hello everybody. My first post here but I found some JBL 4311 WX-A that need a bunch of help to get back to running order. The previous owner had screwed hangers in the top of them to hang them in his shop where they evidently were subject to some moisture. The cabinets have some separation in the corners from the moisture but nothing too severe

I have been reading various threads here to gain an understanding of restoring these. My plans for the cabinet is to fill the holes with wood putty and to bondo in the separation of the corners before I reveneer over the top. I wish I could save the original veneer but they are too far gone.

I have pulled all of the drivers and the woofers and mids all are showing continuity but the tweeters are shot. I have a pair of LE-26 tweeters that are laying around that I plan on using. The problem with the mids is there is a water line on the cone and was wondering what is the best way to try and remove the line? I have read that an eraser may work but I have yet to make it to the store to buy an eraser.

I need to replace the L-Pads and was wondering if the 15w versions from parts express will work fine or if I need to buy a larger watt rated L-Pad?

I know these are not the best JBL has to offer but I just can't stand to see a good vintage speaker just sitting and rotting away from neglect.

Other speakers that I have saved from junk shops or thrift shops are: Electrovoice Aristocrats, AR3a, AR2a, and Frazier MkIV

I will be posting pictures later on in the week as I am at work and am going to be out of town for a couple of days.