Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 4344 mkII DIY help

Very nice work, the large format monitor builds are really something. I'm glad you found a nice pair of mid drivers after that other disaster.

Now on wheels

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1619
Size:  73.6 KB

very nice! Crossover on the top or below the trolley?

It seems I'm the only one not able to find a nice wood block to prepare my own trolleys!!!

Thank Berga.
    I am almost sure that they should be under the speakers.
    The trolleys is only temporary until I find out where 4355's to stand an how high!

Have som issues with the 2202´s at the moment. They playing to loud for me.

I need to design a piece of furniture, like Challenger604 also uses.
    Imagining placing the amplifier´s same, under the speakers.

New moghoni buttons to the crossovers.

Name:  IMG_8139.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  73.7 KB

If 2202 play too Loud you have some issue in the crossover...check the schematic and connections.

is definitively clean and smoth,not loud.

Or you attenuate 2441 and 2405 too much.

Both crossovers and speakers behave alike so I have to check the resistors again.
    The 2441 and 2405 must also be attenuate too much because I have to screw max up on both potentiometers.

Quote Originally Posted by berga12 View Post
    If 2202 play too Loud you have some issue in the crossover...check the schematic and connections.

is definitively clean and smoth,not loud.

Or you attenuate 2441 and 2405 too much.

Quote Originally Posted by laszlo View Post
    Both crossovers and speakers behave alike so I have to check the resistors again.
    The 2441 and 2405 must also be attenuate too much because I have to screw max up on both potentiometers.

Are the LPAD for 8 and 16ohm?

which kind of Active crossover and Amp are you using?

I'm not using the variable Lpad, but Just using the Fixed LPAD that you find in the Chargecoupled Crossover (I've not done charge coupled version but normal ones...) that should be "0" level, means Flat, and I'm just fine with the Level, I'm adjusting just the gain on the active Crossover.

Hi

16ohm for 2441 and 8ohm for 2405.

JBL 3155mod.pdf

I´m using 5235 with this card:
    Name:  IMG_8162.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  56.8 KB

The amp is COPLAND CVA 535.

Could you send me the chematic of your crossover so i can compare?

I will try without the L pads later today.

Thank you Berga

Mine is basically the Charged coupled schematic....not charged coupled.

some Value are slightly different from the Chargecoupled because I had already at home close value for the filter, and this is not affecting too much the crossover point, and I don't feel the need of modification, maybe I'll try something in the future, for the moment I'm happy.

I'm still waiting some silver mica 0,01uF bypass capacitor to be inserted in the filter.

With this version I don't need variable LPAD, I have fixed Hypex UCD400 on 2235h (about 400W 4ohm) and crossover I have JBL5235 with home made 290hz board,and an Outstanding sounding Bryston 10B (if compared to JBL....that sound good, but not the state of the art) setup at 250hz 18db.

For the mid-high I'm using: MC2120 (120W 8ohm), Hypex NC500OEM (250W 8ohm), UESUGI 211 tube amplifier (15W 8ohm), within the range of attenuation of the crossovers I'm able to setup the right level with every amplifier (the UESUGI have a huge gain in the first preamplifier session) but in every case I did not need any change in the crossover from listening point of view.

In general I'm very critic especially on the different Levels, but the reproduction it seems so Real to me that I'm not becoming crazy to search for a possible change.

I know that many other users use your crossover version, but I don't like too much the way they decide to substitute the autotransformer, I should try this version also to be able to Judge, problem is that every crossover cost few hundred €.....and dismounting mine's is not my willing. I should try with cheap materials, but then? what's the result????

Name:  3_Equivelent_nonchargecoupled.png
Views: 1256
Size:  15.3 KBName:  filter_section.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  91.0 KB

Hi

Great thanks.

What about the settings in 5235? Witch preset are you using for Low Freq. Cutoff?

Quote Originally Posted by laszlo View Post
    Hi

Great thanks.

What about the settings in 5235? Witch preset are you using for Low Freq. Cutoff?

Flat setup on the switch (check the manual), it make no sense for me, in an apartment, to boost the Low end, Just IMHO.

Now I've the Bryston 10b in the system, but still keep the Piece of History UREI.

Quote Originally Posted by berga12 View Post
    Mine is basically the Charged coupled schematic....not charged coupled.

some Value are slightly different from the Chargecoupled because I had already at home close value for the filter, and this is not affecting too much the crossover point, and I don't feel the need of modification, maybe I'll try something in the future, for the moment I'm happy.

I'm still waiting some silver mica 0,01uF bypass capacitor to be inserted in the filter.

With this version I don't need variable LPAD, I have fixed Hypex UCD400 on 2235h (about 400W 4ohm) and crossover I have JBL5235 with home made 290hz board,and an Outstanding sounding Bryston 10B (if compared to JBL....that sound good, but not the state of the art) setup at 250hz 18db.

For the mid-high I'm using: MC2120 (120W 8ohm), Hypex NC500OEM (250W 8ohm), UESUGI 211 tube amplifier (15W 8ohm), within the range of attenuation of the crossovers I'm able to setup the right level with every amplifier (the UESUGI have a huge gain in the first preamplifier session) but in every case I did not need any change in the crossover from listening point of view.

In general I'm very critic especially on the different Levels, but the reproduction it seems so Real to me that I'm not becoming crazy to search for a possible change.

I know that many other users use your crossover version, but I don't like too much the way they decide to substitute the autotransformer, I should try this version also to be able to Judge, problem is that every crossover cost few hundred €.....and dismounting mine's is not my willing. I should try with cheap materials, but then? what's the result????

Name:  3_Equivelent_nonchargecoupled.png
Views: 1256
Size:  15.3 KBName:  filter_section.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  91.0 KB
    Hi berga12,

As i have understood Your suggestion is a variation on the 4313B member fist suggestion

Regards
    Ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes Ivica, it's 4313b version with single cap and no battere. A simple crossover.

First session of measuring
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful work!!!
    Frederick

Thread Information