Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M2 DIYing constrution

On monday they go to the painter. Black or white?

I think I will take down the baffle to zero, it is about 2mm now.

Holy cow! That's a very nice clone!

Great work Kalle! Looks familiar

When you say take down the baffle, you mean the edge overhang? If you take it down will you not see the gap on upper side of WG?

I primed mine first white. It looked alright, but I think you will grow tired of it. Black with a tint of gray is my tip

WG bolting

Kalle: Can you share the coordinates for the WG mounting holes?

Great work Kalle!

Thanks! The goal was to build them as close as possible.

Johanwholst:
    Actually I haven`t thougth of that. I have to control it. But I guess it is not possible. Thanks for the tip I don`t have any measurements here but i can check on monday. A local company has helped me with CNC-operated machines. All measurements is in the CAD-program. We have done the drawings together. It is almost cheating I know But the result is very nice.

So when all is corrected I can provide boxes or pieces for assembly if somebody want to take a easier way. Don`t know any price yet. I`m already thinking of a center and mabye two for upstairs

Regards
    Karl

Now that's tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    Thanks! The goal was to build them as close as possible.

Johanwholst:
    Actually I haven`t thougth of that. I have to control it. But I guess it is not possible. Thanks for the tip I don`t have any measurements here but i can check on monday. A local company has helped me with CNC-operated machines. All measurements is in the CAD-program. We have done the drawings together. It is almost cheating I know But the result is very nice.

So when all is corrected I can provide boxes or pieces for assembly if somebody want to take a easier way. Don`t know any price yet. I`m already thinking of a center and mabye two for upstairs

Regards
    Karl
    Im helping a long distance friend building, and the exact coordinates would be really helpful. mine where a bit off, and it took some creativity to fit the WG properly.

I have about 3mm overhang on top/bottom/side plates and it just conceals the 45 degree section on top of waveguide when using 16mm mdf for front baffle over the 25mm. I considered taking it down as well, but then I would see the gap looking down on the speaker.

By the way; CNC is not cheating if you are so lucky to have access to one. It saves a lot of grudge compared to the table saw if you do not have a pro saw with a large sliding table. I took my time and the result was good, but with exact CNC cut pieces the speaker will be better and easier to get a good finish on

Quote Originally Posted by johanwholst View Post
    By the way; CNC is not cheating if you are so lucky to have access to one.
    Yes, it is cheating. Ask anyone that does not access to one

Looks fantastic.

I would've not used MDF though... Heavy and frigile...
    CNC is nice but... Too easy...

Johanwholst: It did get a gap on top of WG. But overall I think it will be better. I have to think some magic out to cover it. Your friend is free to contact me by mail. Regardning the CNC and machines. I have access to a pro saw with a large sliding table but this was even better. If I get happy with the result (wish I most problably will) I`m thinking of building a center for HT.

Challenger604: So may be. But for me as an amature in this and I don`t have to make things harder than they have to be. Regarding the MDF the hole idea is to make them as similar to the originals as possible. More time over for other things

Dprice: Thanks and same to you

srm51555: Thanks, it would be fun to know how many "In style of M2" there is now.

Thomas: Don`t you think shipping will be wery expencive to Paris?

Picture from the painter. He said that he wnted to wait a couple of days so the glue can dry so the paint won`t crack later.

OT: Can moderator correct my misspelled topic?

Regards
    Karl

Og course you can route/cut out a piece to fill out the empty space between WG and top plate. It will be quite fiddly, but should be doable.
    Did you decide on the color?

Yes, my friend got your email, and will probably contact you if not building himself or locally.

Again, great work, and brilliant that you have all the cad files for the CNC. I totally understand the itch to spew out more!

Obsolete
    Regarding the MDF
    MDF is perfectly fine and has been for many, many years...

Excellent project!

...Regarding the baffle step I don`t know how to do it with reasonable work and a ok result. Most likley I skip it and do a simular construction as the other DIYers...
    I wouldn't worry about it either. I'm not saying it doesn't do what the engineer says it does, but it's also there to provide for a nice looking flush mounted grill.

MDF!

MDF is papier maché, useless like coupled crossover...

Thread Information