Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M2 DIYing constrution

in Theory connection is correct (6db filter only change phase about 90°), depends if JBL specify to turn the mid high freq or not.

you can try at home the phase that sounds better to you.

Yes. That is the correct polarity. I have the JBL input cards.

Regards,

John

Now playing I`we had some problems with room modes but new placement have made it a lot better. But I need to do treatment of walls and celing. Its a small room made in concrete. The LF response is fantastic. Deep and fast. I feel that the speaker is very bright in HF but I quess that is more about what has been playing before. Also I think room reflections play me a trick.

I have original settings in my Cts4200 and DIY filter. As I understand it has the same type of DSP as the Itech-HD so the result should be almost the same? I will try to do some measurements on the D2. Just have to know how to adjust gating in REW first.

/Karl

Quote Originally Posted by berga12 View Post
    Kalle, for the label ask to the italian guy that makes replica of JBL foilcal (ebay), give him the sample picture and size, he will make a pring for small amount of money, quality is good enough, and you have a flat surface,so no issue.
    Hi!

Do you know his name? Or email?

Regards
    Karl

Hi all!

I`m super happy with my DIY M2`s. Best system I ever heard all categories.
    Thinking of a second pair for the living room upstairs. Ideas for greater WAF is welcome. I`m thinking of trying to cut the edges 30-45 degrees like the original. Hopefully they look a little bit smaller/smoother then. Also thinking of painting them white. (or maybe some veneer) Maybe the WG and ports to.

I will need some kind of grilles for them. The originals are available but costy. Also they wont fit perfectly because i don`t have the baffle under. Any ideas?

Searching for M2-wg and 2216nd.

All the best
    Karl

My wife discovered that my sub front baffle was painted in JBL-blue (RAL 5007) and demanded the new M2ś front baffle to be painted in the same color and
    I gladly should do that
    They should also be veneered in walnut on her demand
    Flodstroem

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    I will need some kind of grilles for them. The originals are available but costy. Also they wont fit perfectly because i don`t have the baffle under. Any ideas?
    The lower part of the grill matches the upper part of the horn.
    So if you turn both the horn and grill upside down matching the (now) lower part of the grille will be easier.

Thread Information