Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL L36 Decades Reimagined

Thumbs up Great looking l36's

Those look very good. Great attention to detail. I am the same way. Every detail counts on the finished product. Need to do this to my 36's.

Cool Also

I love the jbl l36. Had a pair in my late teens and enjoyed them before blowing them with a mean Nikko nr 1415 receiver. That was 80's. I bought a pair 5 yrs. ago and had the woofers prof. Reconed. Moved and just got em rocking. Only thing they sounded like they were missing lower mid range but still sounded great. Thought that was just the design. So I downloaded the manual for kicks and saw jbl's recommendation on setting the lpads. I had them all messed up. Manual suggests setting you amp/received tone controls to flat ie bass and treble 50%. Then set lpads to 12 o'clock and tweak from there. I only set the tweets to 75% afterwards. I tell you they sound ridiculous now. So much better with full frequency range represented. Guitars snare drums and vocals are way better now. I just did not know. If you are like me and haven't tried the jbl setting, I think its a good thing to try. Mine absolutely sing now. I can push more volume and produce a superior sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Manual suggests setting you amp/received tone controls to flat ie bass and treble 50%. Then set lpads to 12 o'clock and tweak from there. I only set the tweets to 75% afterwards.
    So this illuminating suggestion is essentially to leave your pre-amp/receiver settings at flat and do the same with the L-pads, and then adjust to your ears in your room?

What a revolutionary approach!

Begs the question "WTF were you doing before that?"

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    So this illuminating suggestion is essentially to leave your pre-amp/receiver settings at flat and do the same with the L-pads, and then adjust to your ears in your room?

YOU

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post

I have a revolutionary question. Have you ever thought about not being stupid? Its a yes or no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    I have a revolutionary question. Have you ever thought about not being stupid? Its a yes or no question.
    Saved for posterity.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information