Thread: Array Type Speaker using D2430K compresion driver (4367)

Array Type Speaker using D2430K compresion driver (4367)

Could it be done and what would be the possibility of an Array type speaker being designed and brought to market using the D2430k compression driver that is used in the 4367? I have a pair of Array 1000's now for a few months that I like a lot. Just picked up a pair of 1400 that I'm trying to get a good listen to. I did have/borrow a pair of the new 4367's and had them set up in my house for a couple of weeks. Among very good things of the whole sound, I thought the D2430K with the HDI Wave Guide horn was fantastic sounding. Very smooth but/and very detailed without being the least bit bright or harsh.

additional

I should add that the low freq driver was very good as well. The mating between the LF and MF/HF was excellent. When I have time I would like to try to post a review of my time with the 4367's. Sans some placement work I think these are pretty special speakers.

I'm pretty sure D2430K is bolt on to Array 1400 since the 435 driver share bolt diameter and size. But if it will be a great upgrade is not certain

Not modifying

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I'm pretty sure D2430K is bolt on to Array 1400 since the 435 driver share bolt diameter and size. But if it will be a great upgrade is not certain
    Thanks for your reply, however I was not asking about modifying Array 1400's. I was just putting it out there the idea of JBL designing and putting to market an Array type speaker like the 1400 and 1000's using a vertical mounted D2430k driver HDI Waveguide horn setup with of course a matching LF driver. Based on what I have heard with my 1000's and now 1400's and of course the 4367's I think they could be awesome! Just saying.

Modifying existing speakers/components and redoing crossovers would not be my bailiwick

gbe

Obsolete
    The chief engineer who designed the Arrays and the 4367 was unceremoniously fired shortly before the release of the 4367.
    The transducer engineer he mentored was fired several months later.
    Nobody cares what JBL does going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    The chief engineer who designed the Arrays and the 4367 was unceremoniously fired shortly before the release of the 4367.
    The transducer engineer he mentored was fired several months later.
    Nobody cares what JBL does going forward.
    Oh my, excuse me.

Thread Information