Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L1 or L19 ??

Quote Originally Posted by fotodan View Post
    Part #338-1569-ND.... Same dia. but height is 2" so they are not as tall as the ELNA's.

They run $4.63 each, part # is from Digi-Key. Hope this helps..
    Thank you

Did you do this work yourself or have someone help you or do it for you?

I looked at your caps and as I suspected they are of the snap in type

What I am trying to determine is how well they fit the PC board? Did you have to do any cutting or enlarging of the holes, add lead wires or in other words, specifically just exactly how well did they fit? I don't care about appearance as much as fit.

Did the "7300" use "snap ins"? I do see on the spec sheet that there is a "pin" option available by adding the suffix "A" to the end of the part #

Where you still able to re-use the factory straps?

Thanks for answering all my questions

Joe

So fotodan, which speaker did you finally decide on?
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    So fotodan, which speaker did you finally decide on?

Was in route to get the L19's, but when I arrived they had already been sold. Man was I pissed.... I think I will just hold off and get something better then the L1's. Just not sure what I am looking for..... Its a bad addiction, always searching for the BEST, but there is no such thing as the BEST.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Smith Jr View Post
    Thank you

Did you do this work yourself or have someone help you or do it for you?

I looked at your caps and as I suspected they are of the snap in type

What I am trying to determine is how well they fit the PC board? Did you have to do any cutting or enlarging of the holes, add lead wires or in other words, specifically just exactly how well did they fit? I don't care about appearance as much as fit.

Did the "7300" use "snap ins"? I do see on the spec sheet that there is a "pin" option available by adding the suffix "A" to the end of the part #

Where you still able to re-use the factory straps?

Thanks for answering all my questions

Joe
    Joe, the caps were snap in but I had 3rd party install those for me and not really sure what was done to make them fit. I do know that the factory holders were reused and no special fab done to them. Wish I could tell you more.

Joe, the caps were snap in but I had 3rd party install those for me and not really sure what was done to make them fit. I do know that the factory holders were reused and no special fab done to them. Wish I could tell you more.
    Thank you
    Sorry you missed your speakers
    Joe

Sorry to hear the speakers got sold out from under you. However, L19's were and are plentiful, and not so big that they couldn't be shipped either. But, this does free you up to keep looking if you want to. There's a lot of good "bookshelf" sized speakers out there, and vintage JBL has a number of them. IF you go larger, you'll have even more to look at.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Was in route to get the L19's, but when I arrived they had already been sold. Man was I pissed.... ..
    I had that happen on a pair of L7's .... took a lot of will power not to kick the guy in the shins.

While I was on the way, someone else came along. Seller didn't mention "first come , first served" , but that's what he did.

On my Ohm F's ,,,I sent an email and went back to work. Seller called me ..
    "Could you come over now ? After your email, things went crazy, but you were first" .... that's the attitude that I've adopted for my sales.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Was in route to get the L19's, but when I arrived they had already been sold.
    I have to ask: how did that happen?
    Somebody beat you with money or just show up first?
    Not trying to rub salt here, but a week is too long to vacillate over anything worth owning on craigslist when dealing with 99.9% of the typical sellers there, especially if the price is close to being right
    Had you reached terms with the guy, i.e. he knew you were coming? If so, then he's a right good prick and I'm sorry you missed the mark
    I know how it goes
    The ones I really hate is when you see the ad appear and email them a minute and a half after they post to ask a specific pertinent question (not the "is it still available" BS we all know and love) or to tell them you absolutely want it and 2 days later they finally reply to tell you "sorry, I just sold it TONIGHT"
    Just happened to me in the past 24 hours over an amplifier
    There used to be a little bit of craigslist etiquette honoring the order of the email queue, but as of late that appears to be a thing of the past
    Was this a craigslist deal?

Thread Information