Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Recone tutorial

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    43

    Recone tutorial

    Im trying to find a good tutorial how to recone Jbl 2235/45 with original Jbl kits. I tryed to use advanced search, but no luck.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice View Post
    Im trying to find a good tutorial how to recone Jbl 2235/45 with original Jbl kits. I tryed to use advanced search, but no luck.
    There are many on-line

    It's a straight forward process with the correct parts, what are you unclear on?

    I will say this, that IF you have NEVER done a woofer repair and you have genuine cone kits you MIGHT want to consider having the work done by a WELL VETTED speaker mechanic

    Do not know if you will be able to find a tutorial here that may deal with any possible driver specific idiosyncrasies or not (or if there are any for you to worry over) Mass ring concerns?

    And don't use any adhesives that may be packaged in well aged NOS kits
    (how old are your kits, they may need new foam)

    Good luck!

    Thomas

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    43
    I have brand new Jbl kits and the Moyen is datet well past 2017.

    One of the concerns is mass ring. It seems to have small edge and it sinks partially inside of the coil, is this glued with Moyen and only from outside of the ring ? Picture would help.

    If you can suggest a online tutorial for 2235/45 with mass ring i would really like to see it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice View Post
    I have brand new Jbl kits and the Moyen is datet well past 2017.

    One of the concerns is mass ring. It seems to have small edge and it sinks partially inside of the coil, is this glued with Moyen and only from outside of the ring ? Picture would help.

    If you can suggest a online tutorial for 2235/45 with mass ring i would really like to see it.
    I spoke too soon, I have found plenty of tutorials for you to view but not for that specific woofer, sorry
    I have also spent the past 20 minutes digging here; I am certain you can find it here with some effort
    Maybe not a video but surely some photos and text
    I tried to help, now I'll let you finish with the research

    Can't you see on the old assembly how it was treated? Or were your baskets already hacked with after market parts and a missing mass ring?

    Thomas Wagner

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    43
    Old ones didnt have mass ring attached.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,732
    Here's a pic of the 2235 with mass ring in this thread

    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...trolling-Rings

    2231 with mass ring

    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...in-a-2231-cone





  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    43
    Can someone confirm that the Moyen is added only to the outside of the mass ring ? Or is it stuffed between the coil and mass ring also ?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice View Post
    Can someone confirm that the Moyen is added only to the outside of the mass ring ? Or is it stuffed between the coil and mass ring also ?
    Don't quite understand what you mean by "stuffed" but I use the adhesive as judiciously as possible, just enough to secure the ring well with a clean joint

    The glue adds mass as well, no need to overdo it

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Don't quite understand what you mean by "stuffed" but I use the adhesive as judiciously as possible, just enough to secure the ring well with a clean joint

    The glue adds mass as well, no need to overdo it
    There is a gap between the coil and mass ring, is this gap supposed to be filled with Moyen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 16 ohm 1" shaft L-Pad tutorial (L300 and others)
    By elshout in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 07:47 PM
  2. What recone is this?
    By Audiobeer in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM
  3. Where Can I Get An LE5-6 Recone Kit?
    By Zekeman in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 03:54 PM
  4. Could you recone a M31 with a D130 recone kit?
    By maestro drs t in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •