Thread: My 2405 Stand for Home Theater

My 2405 Stand for Home Theater

I picked up a really nice 2405 and made the stand from a piece of wood to get the tweeter up to the level of the L/R. I had to keep the profile low so as not to obstruct the screen.

I can remove the port plug to the upper the upper right in the center and there are L-pads to adjust the mid and tweeter, a switch to select the 2405 in the cabinet, or on top, and a switch to put a 100 watt 8-ohm resistor in series with the woofer. This reduces the overall dBA by ~3-3.5, but really flattens the bass below 60 Hz. The switches have 20 amp ratings so have lots of contact surface. Also, there is a switch on back that lets the AlNiCo "2235" work with the W15GTi as a sub when listening in stereo or various music modes when a center channel isn't used. Without the resistor, the 2235 overpowers volume of the W15Gti and makes it "tubby." The resistor fixes this nicely.

I also removed a block-off plate where the potato masher originally sat at the bottom center, later replaced by the long horn at the top, that replaced a center port, and put in a flared port to fill the hole and bring the port into alignment with the center elements. Previously I was using the port at the upper right.

Note the "new" 2405 is much less glossy than the other three. All are original finishes because they still have the white stamp ink on them.

Whats your viewing distance?

~12-13 feet.

Thread Information